Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

British Columbia Moose

7mmMato

Good evening. Just wanted to share my pics and story from my BC Moose hunt. Went to Smither BC and hunted with Copper River Outfitters. Great people had a great hunt. Bulls were hard to find and after several days and miles of hunting my guide said I probably should take the first bull I get a shot at.

We found this one crossing a logging road and after a brief chase I got a 50 yard shot at him. He was in the brush facing back at me and I only had a head shot. I took the shot and dropped the bull. Great hunt and only a short pack back to the truck. Had the time of my life and met some amazing people and saw some beautiful country.

I was using a Rem 700 6.5-06 in a Brown Precision stock with a 6x36 Leupold shooting 127 gr Barnes LRX @2900 fps. Bullet entered under the right eye traveled thru the head neck and destroyed the spine were the neck meets the chest. Found the bullet against the hide on the left side in front of the shoulder found two of the petals there one of the other petals pierced the chest cavity and into the lung didnt find the other petal.

Here's the rifle at the time of this pic it had a 2.5-8x36 I hated that scope. I also changed to Talley LW's

Thanks for looking

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back