Boyd's or Stocky's Stocks

RkyMtnELK

I am getting back into a set aside project, my Howa 1500 in 270 Win. I want to re-stock with a thumbhole. Boyd's and Stocky's both have thumbhole stocks but I like the Stocky's a bit more. I do not care for the cooling vents on the Boyd's and last contact with them is they will not produce it without the vents, Stocky's has a color I much prefer. So, does anyone have an opinion of Stocky's thumbhole stocks, the laminated ones. Price is about the same. Thanks, Jerry

Last edited:
FWIW, I had a bad experience with Stocky's. Customers service was terrible, and the rep was very rude. Basically sold me a damaged product and told me to deal with it. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Can't comment on Boyd's.

I’ve never ordered a Boyd’s or Stocky’s brand stock. I have made several stock orders with Stocky’s with zero issues.

I haven’t had any experience with a laminated stock, but picked up a walnut for my 700 from stockys earlier this year. Wood was way softer than normal and ended up pillar bedding. Needed way more fitting than the Boyd’s on my 30-06.

I bought one of Stockys accublock stocks. No issues with purchase. Fit was perfect and it closed up my groups to well under MOA.

I've ordered from both and had good experiences with both. Boyds was a bit slow to get but it was also near the holidays. I also needed to mod the boyds a bit due to some barrel contact. It was easy work that took about 10 minutes. I would still order from either again.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back