bowfishing......

Duck-Slayer

went out and got a couple today, think we ended up with 11 for 3 hours, here are a few pics, got one mirror carp it looks like.....:cf:
Matt

IMG_0624_zps6d81792b.jpg

IMG_0623_zps4561a751.jpg

Big one of the day, Brandon missed one about this big, maybe alittle bigger......
IMG_0625_zpsac717ff1.jpg

Nice. I haven't shot many in MT, but killed a bunch back in SD. Mirror's were quite the trophy...awesome for you.

Is that carp in the first pic a mirror carp? If it is, well, I've been around carp my whole life and I always thought those were just carp missing a bunch of scales.:eek: Those pics look like a lot of fun.

Is that carp in the first pic a mirror carp? If it is, well, I've been around carp my whole life and I always thought those were just carp missing a bunch of scales.:eek: Those pics look like a lot of fun.
That is a mirror carp, we call the others common carp in the UK.
We have fanatical fishermen here that put out all kinds of rigs with the associated electronic bite alarms to catch and release them, bait is usually 'boilies'
The ponds over here have lots of them reaching huge weights (60lb+) but since the influx of the Polish lots have been eaten!
Never eaten one myself but i understand they just tase of mud.
Cheers
Richard

Never eaten them either, but love going out with the bow to get them. Congrats on the mirror and a good day on the water. Cant wait till the lakes in California I go to start heating up.

Nice looks like some warm weather came your way.How do you like the optimax?

Not my boat, but that is my buddy's rig, it run's great, I like it alot compared too my old 96' Suzuki 140 on my boat..... and I had a 03' Merc on my boat I sold and it was great, when I can afford one for the seaark i'm putting one on it,
Matt

Back