Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bow opinions

ERSS

So, I won a Hoyt Maxxis in an RMEF raffle a few months back, but it ended up being the wrong size/draw weight so I sold it off. Was pretty excited about a new bow, so I sold my Hoyt Rampage as well. Looking for a bow with a little more speed, and have been looking in the used market ( a year or two old ). Kinda narrowed it down to the Hoyt Vector and the Bowtech Insanity. Have had my hands on both, and plan to do that some more, but am interested in thoughts from those who shoot these models.

I would also look for a Bowtech Experience. I saw some on Archery Talk when I bought mine (ended up buying new).

I don't think you would go wrong with either, but go shoot them at the shop first, and let your shooting tell you which bow is best for you. Shoot everything they have. If they both feel good, I would support Bowtech.

check out the "elite" line of bows. smooth drawing. and fast.

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it. Will do some more checking/research as well as shooting

I'm a hoyt guy, but bowtechs are nice. The pse pro series has some nice rigs as does the elite line. I just started a new rig with the hoyt faktor, awesome cam.

I think there a lot a good bows out there. I shoot a Hoyt and have for about 20 years. I have had several different models over the years and have never had a problem with any of them. The main thing is to get one that fits YOU..

my experience with the bowtech insanity after shooting a single cam for the last 7 years is to just be ready for it to rip your shoulder out of socket if you flinch or intend to just let it down without shooting.. man that hurts like a ...not a smooth let off at all but other than it shoots nice

BOWTECH BOWTECH BOWTECH!!!!! Get a Bowtech Carbon Knight, light as a feather and shoots very well..... When I bought it I tested out 13 other bows and that one shot the best, even though it was close to an elite........

They are all good nowadays, you can't go wrong. Fun stuff picking out new toys.

BOWTECH BOWTECH BOWTECH!!!!! Get a Bowtech Carbon Knight, light as a feather and shoots very well..... When I bought it I tested out 13 other bows and that one shot the best, even though it was close to an elite........

I have a Carbon Knight as well. I am new to archery and really like this bow. I think Diamond came out with pretty much the same bow for a little less $$$...

I have shot a bowtech for the last 7 years (Tribute and then a Destroyer 350). Both are great shooting bows; however, that Destroyer was a real pain to let down due to cam and the let off. I about ripped my should out once with it. That being said, I sold them both, bought an elite and I'm never looking back.....really smooth. Shoot them all and buy what you feel most comfortable with but do yourself a favor and shoot an elite or two.

They are all good nowadays, you can't go wrong. Fun stuff picking out new toys.

True, a lot of bow company's have narrowed the gap between them with Hoyt & Matthews. I'm a Hoyt guy, can't go wrong with Hoyt IMO. I'll be able to give a Carbon Spyder Turbo review soon, mine has been on order for a week and a half now.

I have a mathews drenalin thats a few years old now and really like it,,dont have much on the hoyts though im sure they are a top bow also.

The $500.00 bows of today all seem to be better than the $1,000.00+ bows of 5-10 years ago.
Like everyone else has said, the one that shoots and feels the best to you is the one that is right.
I went from an older Matthews Featherlight to a Bear Method. Sacrilegious if you ask Cush.
I shot a lot of bows and like I said, even the $500.00 bows were lighter, smoother and faster than my older bow. The method is not the one that I intended on buying……..until I shot them all.
Be forewarned, as mentioned, any bow that has an IBO speed of 340+ is likely gonna want to take off on you if you let it creep foreword. Just make sure that you have your draw length short enough (might be 1/2" shorter than your measurements depending on release, anchor point, etc) and that shouldn't be a big problem.
Good luck and enjoy the process. It is fun. Let us know what you end up getting and then we can all argue about which one is better or how you should have gotten something different. haha

I shot Hoyt for seven years. Two years ago I bought a Bowtech CPX Invasi

lesson learned. Take your time when posting from an Iphone. Anyways I bought a Bowtech CPX Invasion two years ago. If I had to do it over again I would buy the CPX again! Keep in mind they are all good bows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back