Oneida vintage bow hydro dipping questions

brownbear932008

So the last few years I've really gotten into some old vintage bows and hunting with them. This is my second Oneida Screaming Eagle (88-89) model. I'm really thinking about doing a hydro dip on the riser area only. The bow is in excellent shape for it's age. But I'm not sure about what color camo may look cool. I like the idea of something vintage like old Mossy Oak or something along that line.

Anyone have any suggestions or opinions? New to the hydro dipping as well haven't had anything dipped before. The bow looks pretty good as is so I'm on the fence. Saw a Mossy Oak fall foliage pattern that really caught my eye. I'm no opposed to a new camo as well if it hits me right.

I have attached photos for reference. I absolutely love the original black limbs with the wood interior on the boards.IMG_0343.jpgIMG_0344.jpgIMG_0342.jpgScreenshot_20231217-103614_Chrome.jpg

I often admire the old bows in pawn shops around me. They bring back a lot of memories of the ones my dad had when I was a kid. Do you find the old ones to be pretty reliable? I know they aren't anywhere near the speed or performance of what we have today but will they hold up to some shooting and hunting? I have hesitated to buy one when I see them because I didn't know if they would be usable or be worth what it costs to get them shooting again.

I often admire the old bows in pawn shops around me. They bring back a lot of memories of the ones my dad had when I was a kid. Do you find the old ones to be pretty reliable? I know they aren't anywhere near the speed or performance of what we have today but will they hold up to some shooting and hunting? I have hesitated to buy one when I see them because I didn't know if they would be usable or be worth what it costs to get them shooting again.
I have purchased two off ebay. The first SE was well used and it was a great shooter. Only added a sight to the bow and that's been 3 years ago. I've taken deer with it and love packing it along, it's an 88 model. It's been shot a ton in practice.
This one is in much better shape looks like it just sat around without being shot much. I think it takes me back to my high school years when I began shooting bow. These old Onidea bows were out of my price range then. I dreamed of shooting them. The draw cycle isn't half bad on them as well. I mean it's no 90% let off but they are a blast. Hey guys hunt with sticks these old bows are more than enough. Similar to packing the old lever gun. I find myself mostly leaving the PSE at home and packing a recurve or lever bow now.

I have purchased two off ebay. The first SE was well used and it was a great shooter. Only added a sight to the bow and that's been 3 years ago. I've taken deer with it and love packing it along, it's an 88 model. It's been shot a ton in practice.
This one is in much better shape looks like it just sat around without being shot much. I think it takes me back to my high school years when I began shooting bow. These old Onidea bows were out of my price range then. I dreamed of shooting them. The draw cycle isn't half bad on them as well. I mean it's no 90% let off but they are a blast. Hey guys hunt with sticks there old bows are more than enough. Similar to packing the old lever gun. I find myself mostly leaving the PSE at home and packing a recurve or lever bow now.
Thanks for the info.

Cool Oneida. I had Aeroforce and loved it. I’d go RealTree or Mossy Oak Treestand. Post up some pics when you get it dipped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back