Boogity, boogity! 2024 NASCAR Fantasy League is open.

Looks like the payment link is working. I have to get with the boss tomorrow cause it only shows that I paid for one, not two.

We've got 5 players! If we can get another to join us then someone will fall out of the Top 5 score category each week. :devilish: The Clash is this Sunday and the Daytona 500 is 2 weeks after that! 15 days left to sign up and see how you stack up against the rest of us! (Doesn't take a lot, sometimes!)

In process of joining, can someone give me a quick rundown of run/bench, and the different a/b/c? (just the cliffnotes version is fine)

In process of joining, can someone give me a quick rundown of run/bench, and the different a/b/c? (just the cliffnotes version is fine)
Run/bench. The driver you pick to "run" is the one that gets the points in the race. Bench drivers get no race points but keep any bonus points for qualifying positions.

ABC groups are just the different divisions of "talent" so to speak. Positions change from year to year.

That help?

Run/bench. The driver you pick to "run" is the one that gets the points in the race. Bench drivers get no race points but keep any bonus points for qualifying positions.

ABC groups are just the different divisions of "talent" so to speak. Positions change from year to year.

That help?
yes, mainly the "bench" part threw me initially, like why would i pick someone to sit out?
its all a guesstimated shot in the dark 1/2 the time for me anyways, Thank you

Initially you pick 2 (or 4) drivers and after qualifying is done you can decide which ones you want to use and which ones to sit out for later. Maybe one blew away the field and the other couldn't beat an egg. Maybe one pick crashed in qualifying and went to a backup car and you don't think he's going to do very well. This way you have options and aren't locked in from the start. Daytona is the only race that is different and you don't have the normal qualifying. You pick your drivers and your bench picks are really useless for this race.

It's not hard. Frustrating at times but not hard. Oh, your bench drivers don't have a use counted against them. Only your starter gets a use. You can only use a driver 9 times in a season.

One thing that I would ask is for everyone who signs up to either post up or message me with your username that you used. This will help me know if the players are forum members or not. Some are obvious but not everyone used the same username between here and there.

Thanks!
New forum member and new player! I used my same username

Sunday's weather in Daytona. 63 with an 80 percent chance of rain. :cry:

Front row qualifying on Wednesday, Duals Thursday. 500?

We have 8 players signed up! Still time for anyone else to join in!

Got a pretty good feeling the race will be on Monday because of rain. Doesn't matter too much to me, I'm not going anywhere. Our daughter, however, will be PISSED! I'm sure she'll figure out a way to listen to it at work.

Looking forward to seeing how the new Fords and 'Yotas do on a super-speedway tonight. Maybe they can shake up the Hendricks qualifying dominance.

Heard a rumor there may be a couple people sitting in the weeds about joining us. Come on in! It's just a bunch of NASCAR fans having a little fun! Nothing difficult about it, pick who you think will finish better than the others and hope you get more points than the rest of us.

If there are holdouts because of hunting seasons you can make your picks in advance. Even if you miss a week your last picks will roll over. No prizes except for bragging rights and the $5 entry fee donation seems to be optional but we paid it last year to help the guy running it pay for the site. For those that DID pay, he held a special race for the All-Star race that paid out $100!

Entries lock at 2:30 Eastern Sunday. 4 days left to decide. After that you will just be behind by one race to the rest of us.

I should stop looking. :rolleyes: 60 degrees and 100 percent chance of rain around half an inch. Heavy rain at times overnight Saturday with about an inch expected. Sounds like Monday to me!

I should stop looking. :rolleyes: 60 degrees and 100 percent chance of rain around half an inch. Heavy rain at times overnight Saturday with about an inch expected. Sounds like Monday to me!
yup, I just made alternative plans on Sunday banking on the race being moved to Monday. Might take the afternoon off of work so maybe its not all bad!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back