block management question

jryoung

I'm hunting Montana this year and had some questions about the block management program and reservations. As an example one property I am looking at says "written permission at site" Does anyone know how this works in general? I'm headed up there tomorrow to do some scouting and would be interested in mking a reservation if I can. Also it notes the earliest date reservations can be made is Aug 22.

Does this most likely mean I would not be able to make an on site reservation and could only do a type 1 area or look for another type II that is not written permission?

Call the FWP block management region it is in and ask them.

You probably need written permission from the LO. Usually reservations can be made via telephone.

I've seen it before where they have a pad of permission slips at the entry gate and you fill it out and put one in the box and keep the stub with you. That's written permission at site to me.

I think the drop boxes are Type I locations. The ones I'm specifically looking at note written permission obtained at the ranch house.

Hopefully FWP can give me some better insight tomorrow. It'd suck to miss out by only a couple of days since I'm only in town this weekend.

JR, if you log onto the MT FWP website and use the interactive map, which should be on the home page, there will be specific instruction for each BMU as to how you go about obtaining the written permission slips, i.e. hunter must call this number or be at ranchhouse between Xam and Xpm. Or you could just call, but they might just offer to send a hard copy via snail mail or actually picked up at FWP regional HQ. By the way I've been a lurker for a couple of years on this site, but never really had anything worthy of posting, so hope the info helps.

The "be at the ranch house between x and x" is my hang up. I know I won't be back until hunting season so I'm wondering how I can get written permission when I can't get there between the stated hours.

Contact the rancher; once You get his # and tell him when You will be there and You will be good. Scout it once if You never been there and try to met Him in person. Worked for Me and after 1 trip to Montanana and I had never been to the state in My life . Just hope He don't let a 100 folks on there. That I didn't ask. Don't know if there is a limit on #'s.....BOB!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back