Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bighorn National Forest

fargoflyfish

Good morning,
I am heading to the bighorn National Forest on Thursday for a few days of camping and fishing. I wasn't able to find any good info online and the Forest Service said to stop in at the Sheridan location and they would show me some spots. We have a young kid (8 yoa) coming with us so it can't be anything too grueling.

Can anybody recommend a spot with excellent scenery and the possibility of catching a few fish? Preferably closer to the Sheridan side since we will be coming from ND.

Thanks for the help.

I'm new to the sheridan area but I hear there is good fishing on the tongue river. You can check out tongue river canyon, has a good trail to hike. Sibley Lake is a good fishing spot for kids up on the mountain.

Will be leaving tomorrow (1,400 miles) taking my son along. Will be bowhunting for Elk, my son for deer so good luck on your fishing!!!

I would concur with WyOpitz.

Drive from Dayton to Burgess Junction and look for access to stream. There is a lake along the road (I cannot remember the name). Also at Burgess Junction, go north to campground. Just past campground is I beleive the Middle Fork of Tongue. Easy access to all of the spots.

A beautiful drive and keep your eyes open for critters, especially moose.

Back