Caribou Gear

Big Whitetail Scoring

Deer like that are so rare. Iā€™ve maybe seen one in my life and it was mid august over 20 years ago
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I've always remembered reading as a teenager...

"If your shoot the first buck you see,
you won't shoot many nice bucks.
If you shoot the first nice buck you see,
you won't shoot many big bucks."

I'm patient, and
I've harvested my share of decent bucks over the years,
but I'd never seen a buck like this around here, on the hoof.
Thanks for the congrats, fellas.

I didnā€™t even think they got that big in Idaho! Haha congratulations on a huge whitetail.

Ken Jr buck is hard for me. The first pic looks big, like 160, the pic on the ATV looks 10" smaller. Still a giant.

Id love to see the the 180 4poiny. I think the biggest in the book is mid 70s. I've held a couple 170 class 4points. Crazy big and heavy.
There is a 178" 4x4 mounted in the MN DNR office...poached of course.

There is a 178" 4x4 mounted in the MN DNR office...poached of course.
I think the biggest 4x4 I have ever seen on the hoof wouldnā€™t tickle 160. That is a giant. Add 170 plus 4 point to my life goals

I think the biggest 4x4 I have ever seen on the hoof wouldnā€™t tickle 160. That is a giant. Add 170 plus 4 point to my life goals
It's a pretty unbelievable specimen. The mass is really something to behold. I may be wrong, it might be 172" but either way it's a large animal.

A fraction over 160 gross...Post #15, I should've been clearer. That's a big fair chase buck in these parts. Ken Jr. set a high bar for himself after that one.
Missed your initial post back in November.
Grats to Jr! I'd convert my focus to freezer filler after such a monster! Haha! Wow!

Back