Big ol Burban?

BIL/SIL drove a burb. All jacked up with massive tires. Note: they are from Washington. Stupid useless vehicle.
Rolled it in North Dakota on black ice which,by the way, coated the interstate all the way to Livingston. I know this because my SIL broke her neck and got air lifted to Billings. I got to drive from 3Forks to Glendive to gather up people and belongings. Worst drive of my life.
Everyone survived and healed fortunately.
The over sized tires were probably the hazard. But like I said, they are from Washington.
Not everyone has to have the big tires. That pic of was one that was listed and sold. If I build one it won’t be as big and likely not have tires bigger than what come stock on a one ton.

Not everyone has to have the big tires. That pic of was one that was listed and sold. If I build one it won’t be as big and likely not have tires bigger than what come stock on a one ton.
Just telling a story.
But avoid jacking it up and using huge mud tires...😉 might look cool but really isnt.
Best of luck.

Well that’s frustrating, make a plan to get it with the seller and it gets sold with no notices. You find out by the ad being gone. Common courtesy is out the window I guess.
Money to honor is as scissors to paper Addicting. Keep looking, cool thread.

Money to honor is as scissors to paper Addicting. Keep looking, cool thread.
There are so many scammers out there. Had one today with a burb that was perfect. Her misuse of one word over and over again was it for me.

Most of these are thru FB marketplace. I am having to look out of the rust belt several hundred miles away. So money sent to hold is a waste.

I wonder how far back you can get a good old green USFS surplus rig.
Some real bargains on well maintained rigs.

I’m on the struggle buss. I love square body Chevys. If I didn’t have to highway 13-1800 miles to hunt, hands down that would be my choice. A 1989-91 burb on skinny 33s would be it.

The IFS trucks 99-06 are still steel and better for the road trip portion. However, those front ends are not near as good as a straight axle.

What you love or what you think would be best for the task?

There is a dealer near me with several burbs from California I am going to look at this afternoon.

25 year old Southern California trucks are unbelievable to a rust belt guy. It is amazing how clean the frame and bodies were.

Unfortunately, every one of them was trashed inside and mechanically.

The cost to rehab one far exceeded what is practical. You can buy one with 100k ish on it from NM/AZ/NV/CA and have it shipped for the same money.

For now, I don’t know if they will stay. It’s bigger than what I want but it is by far the best I’ve seen in looking at them for close to a year. I am just hoping this deal doesn’t fall apart. Lots of moving pieces to get a vehicle bought and moved across the country.
Where’s it coming from?

For now, I don’t know if they will stay. It’s bigger than what I want but it is by far the best I’ve seen in looking at them for close to a year. I am just hoping this deal doesn’t fall apart. Lots of moving pieces to get a vehicle bought and moved across the country.

Hope on a plane and drive it home…

Back