Caribou Gear

BIG Game?

TLC

got this in an email. is this photo real? anyone out that way know?

Subject: FW: 1st two of five wolves taken in Wyoming in 2008

But they won't attack humans---------------------------------------------------------------------until they run out of Elk and there getting pretty sparse where the wolves are at.

Subject: 1st two of five wolves taken in Wyoming in 2008

I am amazed how big they are!

First two wolves of the first five wolves (shot legally) near Pinedale and Big Piney, Wyoming after the season for wolves was opened up. I would venture to say they are 'just a little bit bigger' than the local coyotes! These were caught, with two others, in a calving pen, killing livestock.....not eating the livestock, just killing it. I'm thinkin' my 340 Weatherby isn't too much gun for one of these critters..... fortunately the wolves I saw on Wanda's place weren't near this size...... they were 3x the size of our coyotes, though.....these guys have been eating really well! Acutally, eating TOO WELL! It's no wonder the elk and moose calves only have a 20% chance of making it to 6 months old in the Yellowstone area with these big boys around! Amazingly, the Colorado Division of Wildlife has requested anyone catching a wolf or wolverine in a leg hold trap to "please try to release it alive"........ that could be a pretty good trick! I was expecting much smaller wolves to be in the 'not safe for wolves zone' ...... wonder how big the wolves are that ran these two out of the 'safe zone'?

Dont think I want to snowshoe or cross country ski in Wyoming anymore........ expect to see these critters in Colorado pretty soon.....coming to a favorite deer or elk haunt near you!

Attachments

• wolves.jpg
    wolves.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 368
TLC, they ain't as big as they look.

I can't believe that pic ended up on the net.

It happens to be a shot of me and Jose with a couple yotes we ran down with our sleds last month.;):D

damn miller, those are some big yotes. ;) ours back here are the size bassett hounds with longer legs.:D

since Jose can't answer a simple question, and didn't really ask it specifically, do you know if this story is true? some or all of it? as far as these coming from wyoming.

It easily could be Wyoming, know the area they were at if that is the case. However, its never a for sure thing unless you talk to the guys who killed the animals. Wolves are far bigger than most people realize. They are huge on the foot, you almost can't miss them as far as size goes.

Those two wolves were killed by the USFWS. They were not the first wolves leagally killed after the restrictions were lifted.

They were also killed by Big Piney.

Amazingly, the Colorado Division of Wildlife has requested anyone catching a wolf or wolverine in a leg hold trap to "please try to release it alive"........ that could be a pretty good trick!

And... Leg hold traps have been illegal in Colorado for some years now, so... it sounds like someone is spinning yarn.

Those wolves were not shot in Wyoming.

They were shot in Alaska...check out the link provided. The outfitter/guide is Braun Kopsack. When I hunted Dall Sheep in AK in 1995, Braun was one of my outfitters (Dan Montgomery's) guides.

You all have been fooled. Those guys are circus midgets on little snowmobiles holding a couple of Huskies.

Damn i got the pics from a guy in Big Piney, thought for sure it was true.

Guess it wouldn't be wise for USFWS to be posing with kills anyhow.

Those are some big ass dogs though.

And USFWS doesn't kill wolves, at least not in MT. Wildlife Services, which is a part of APHIS, kills the problem wolves in MT.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back