Big Doe Down

elkfarmer

I went out this morning with my son. After 2 hrs in the stand we decidided to take a walk around. We cut some new tracks in the fresh 4" of snow and I had him swing around in front to try and push the deer back to me. Here is where is gets good, I am watching him around 75 yrds in front of me. I see him throw something and then he yells "dad", I whistle thinking he was lost and he yells "dad" again. I am watching this whole thing and then he yells "DEER, dad a deer." then I see him take off running and he yells "its coming right to you". And sure enough it did and I was able to get her. I asked him when we met up what he was doing? what happened? he says, I was walking through and I saw a rock. I walked closer and thought it me be a deer so I threw a stick at it. I yelled for you and then I ran to push it to you, I did't want it to run the other way. When I saw this deer, it wasn't acting like it was in any big hurry to get away from the little guy chasing her. anyways, here is a pic of her from my chitty phone. This kid has been with me on all three deer kills this year.

Attachments

• doe07.jpg
    doe07.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 135
sweet looking horse doe. I had to cancle my hunt with my son this weekend due to the winter storm and road conditions but we will try to get out next weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back