Best stove for wall tent?

Huntin4Elk

Hey all, I am rather new to the site, and have read some great threads and got some great information. I enjoy being on here, and now I'm asking all of the great folks on here to help me out with some advice. I have a 12'X14' wall tent, and now I'm in the market for a stove. What kind of stove is worth the money? Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought it would be a simple buy but there are so many out there and for the price I want to make sure it is a great one. Any input would be great as I have seen a few that make a lot of heat but don't hold it.

Thanks for your input.

I am sold on Riley Stoves, I have used them for years. For your tent size I would look at the colt,or side kick if you are horse packin, if drive to camp ,maybe look at the larger models. the above models will heat your tent just fine.
The picture is the older model,the new ones have the pipe straight out with no adapter.I have found that the light weight pack stoves hold heat fairly well,but I have yet to find one that functions like your home stove. I built a heavier stove for drive to camps that burns all night,but it is a two man job to hoist it around. I generally stoke my riley three times a night if you need all night heat. I would rather invest in a quality sleeping bag let the stove burn out and fire it up again in the morning.

Last edited:
if weight is not an issue... i.e. car / truck camping, the factors i have found boil down to metal thickness and pipe width. A good size stove with good thickness and a 4" - 5" base pipe will give you the most controlled heat, longest lasting heat and good cooking platform. A damper is essential.

If weight is a factor... Titanium s worth it's weight in gold! expensive though can not beat it!

Titanium good!!

We got a titanium stove last year...super light and holds heat well. Our stove is small so it doesn't burn all night, but weight and space are key!
We had looked at titaniumgoat.com website and talked to those folks but ended up with a walltentshop.com/TitaniumFDx.html stove - can't remember the differences but we are real pleased with it.

I use and love the Cylinder Stove. I also purchased the water tank for the side and its great having hot water any time you want it. Its worked great!!!

If you want the cadillac and weight is not a problem then try this one. I have the small one and it's great and airproof.http://www.kwikkamp.com/octagon-stoves.cfm I also cook on this one. If you are thinking about cooking on stove get one with long legs.
I also have a few Rileys and they are good for packing in but are not airproof so will die down during night.
KniCo also has a good light weight. If you do much camping stoves are like rifles you need more than just one.
Hope that helps.

Thank you all for the insight. I was looking at Riley stoves, and now just have to research the other information you all had to share. Thanks again, and good hunting!

Question on size of stove - I am planning on getting a new stove for my 9-1/2 foot Cabelas Alaknak - I used the original cheap one that I got with the tent until it rusted out. I am planning on getting a cylinder stove, and am hoping to have it hold heat longer than the old sheet metal one. I am trying to decide whether to get the scout (10" diameter) or the hunter model (14" diameter). I think the scout is all I need to keep warm and hold heat much of the night, but worry that the small size may be an PITA due to small door, etc. Anyone use the scout?

I purchased the Kwik Kamp Blaze stove and it works great. Holds heat and very simple to use (there is no flu on the stove pipe, just on the door. It was about $535, and I'm not sure if you want to spend that much, but it is a great stove. Heavy as all get out, so if you want a pack stove, this one is out. I usually camp right next to the truck so it fits my hunts very well.

I have the Hunter model from clyinder & use it in a 10 x 12 wall tent. It is too much for that size! Have to crank it down shortly after it heats up,which builds up creosote.Sure the smaller (Scout) one would work for you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back