MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

best knee pad option?

adubs

I'm going on my first antelope hunt in unit 67 next month and I'm considering my best options for knee pads. I'm looking at Sitka, Kuiu, and a couple others with built in or removable pads...or simply purchasing some knee pads separately to wear over the existing camo I already have. What have you guys used in the past and what do you think works the best?

thanks,

adubs

bought some that are perfectly fine at Ace hardware. Have hard plastic over kneecap area. Fit under my fairly tight legged pants or over them..

$13 or so.

Don't over think it, just go buy a set at Lowes or Menards.

Another option is volleyball knee pads from a sporting goods store. Those will probably be more comfortable since they're designed for more strenuous activity.

Be careful with the ones that have hard plastic as they can be noisy if you scrape them on a rock/etc when crawling in and blow your stalk. Learned that the hard way.

I can't do the hard plastic ones for lotsa reasons.

+1 on the volleyball type and get them as big as possible to wear comfortably over your pants.

Or wear Sitka Timberline or Mountain Pants with the removable knee pads. They're redesigned this year and are more flexible and comfortable. This is my choice.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back