Best dogs ever!

T Bone

Bonnie my faithful GSP turned 8 years old yesterday. She came out of a kennel in Idaho and was a great dog from the start. She has been responsible for a lot of chukar, quail, huns, pheasant and grouse in SD, NV and Idaho. She's been a steady, protective companion to our 4 young children.

Clyde is 4 years old. The very definition of a solid GSP, he was incredibly methodical when working birds. Also an excellent family dog, he and Bonnie were inseperable.

They have thrown 2.1 litters of pups (two full litters, and one unplanned Evil Knevil pup). Pups from these litters live in SD, WA, CO, ND, MT, NE and NY.

Both have been a pleasure to own.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Unlucky for us, the wind broke a gate open yesterday. The two inseperable hunting dogs went a hunting.
Both were hit and killed by a car.
Darn the luck.
Everyone's taking it hard. The kids more so.
I've had dogs come and go in my life, but I'm realizing these dogs are all the kids know. They've been good buddies.
It's been a pleasure hunting with Bonnie and Clyde.
We'll let the calendar work a while and when ready, find another good one.

Wow, that really sucks man. Especially losing both like that.
My condolences, your kids must be torn up over it.

Sorry to hear that. That wasn't what I was expecting to read as I moved my way down the post. I feel for you and your kids.

So sorry to hear of it T-Bone, we had the same thing happen two weeks ago but due to some miracle our 2 yr old Drahthaar survived a 30 mph hit with only minor injuries. I have been having nightmares about it since.

Sorry for your loss. Its never easy losing a great pet/family member.

Damn that sucks. I know nothing can make it better for you, or your children, but our families condolences to all of you.

Back