MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Best breakfast sausage recipe

• Thread starter Deleted member 20812
  • Start date
I did a side by side comparison with a deer from last year using that Meat Eater recipe and a deer from this year using the Hi-Country blend. Hi-Country tasted considerably better to my humble palette. I’d used the Meat Eater recipe for a few years prior believing I was above using a pre-blend, but them folks over in Lincoln have got their mix down.
I've never used anything from them that wasn't excellent. mtmuley

I tried the kit from Cabela's last time and after adjusting the amount of seasonings to use it tasted great! I also use seasoning blends from Sausage Maker for my deer salami, etc. Jerky is ALWAYS Hi-Mountain Cajun with at LEAST double the amount of spices. We like it spicy!

I’ve become awfully partial to the “Mountain Red” mix from the folks at Sausage Equipment Supply in Three Forks. They are my go to for any game seasonings. Follow their directions and you can’t go wrong.

20F708C9-422E-4741-B448-8E692383F797.jpegB6586D26-142A-4A33-BE45-BC6420693904.png
This is the breakfast sausage recipe I use; 2guys and a cooler, but I add 1oz each of garlic and onion powder, use Hungarian paprika, and double the cayenne n chile flake
The chorizo recipe I came up w on my own and is excellent if i don’t mind me tooting my own horn
On the meats; like was said earlier, it’s really hard to use too much fat in these….make sure ur meat, fat, and equipment are VERY cold….the high fat font will gum everything up if it gets warm n u r stuck w mush.

The high country blend is awefully tuff to beat. 30 lbs of meat is perfect for the whole bag of seasoning. 15 lb each of wild game and fatty pork.
This is the route I’m taking this go round. Made a small batch of burger today and I’ll do sausage next weekend.

I need to buy a stuffer and some casings so I can try some bratwurst this fall

This is the route I’m taking this go round. Made a small batch of burger today and I’ll do sausage next weekend.

I need to buy a stuffer and some casings so I can try some bratwurst this fall
Natural casings all day. They stink so clean em well with cold water finding the opening, filling it and running it through. Let them soak in water at least a half hour. Good luck! I’ll have my eye on the “what’s on the smoker today?” Thread!

Hi Country as other's have said is fantastic. I like all of the seasonings of theirs that I have tried. This is all use now, but I have used High Mountain mixes made in Wyoming. They seem pretty darn good as well.

1676918361953.png

The Italian mix is great also.

1676918306862.png

I'm going for some wild game breakfast sausage later this week. That and some elk burger.
I'll give the High Plains Spice co. mix a second chance .

The boss is slowly warming up to eating bear. Next year I’m planning on the same size batch of breakfast sausage along with a 30ish pound batch of bratwurst.

Chile Colorado tonight…
Searched a few Chile Colorado recipes...sounds pretty good

Listen to Hank when he says the sauce is super versatile and can be used in enchiladas as such. I've made big batches of it and used it with a bunch of different things.

As for breakfast I'm partial to maple sage sausage recipes. Never really followed a certain one, just found some basics for fundamentals and ratios and tweaked it from there. Just use real maple syrup.

Late to the party, but for future batches I highly recommend PS Seasonings. I've seen their blends included in some of the kits at Sportsmans, but the selection on the website is... a little bit overwhelming to be honest. No. 117 Breakfast Sausage is very good, and I have No. 270 Maple Breakfast on the way, so I'll report back on that. Their Blue Ribbon Italian sausage is the best I've had (my wife who doesn't particularly like Italian herbs loves it), and I've done a bundle of different brat, Kielbasa, and snack stick seasonings. Top notch all the way.

I’ve become awfully partial to the “Mountain Red” mix from the folks at Sausage Equipment Supply in Three Forks. They are my go to for any game seasonings. Follow their directions and you can’t go wrong.

I would agree!! Made some out of this years antelope. Everyone loves the stuff!!
Really liking it in biscuits and gravy as well.

Anybody have a breakfast sausage recipe with Hatch Chili to make in a casing? Never made sausage but somehow this is what i would like to try with my first buck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back