MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Best advice for accuracy?

For me the longer ones work better. I bought one of the 10.5" doinkers. Try a few out at a local bow shop.

I have a 12" Fuse carbon blade and I really Iike it. I have heard good things about the b-stingers. Either is nice because they provide a low profile from the side which gives a crosswind less to grab hold of.

Practice, practice, practice.....and then a little more practice. Having someone that shoots a lot or knows shooting watch you helps but practice is the key. In time you can identify your faults and correct them. A knowlegable assistant will greatly speed the proccess. Consistancy is the key. Anchor point, bow grip, sight picture, bow angle all play a part. Dont burn yourself out though, six arrows a day will suffice. Everyday and remember what you did different when you get a flyer. Won't be easy at first, but then you get to recognize the changes. Don't lose the desire and don't give up! You will get it with some work and it will be like a bolt of lightning. Good luck and good shooting!

Practice, practice, practice.....and then a little more practice. Having someone that shoots a lot or knows shooting watch you helps but practice is the key. In time you can identify your faults and correct them. A knowlegable assistant will greatly speed the proccess. Consistancy is the key. Anchor point, bow grip, sight picture, bow angle all play a part. Dont burn yourself out though, six arrows a day will suffice. Everyday and remember what you did different when you get a flyer. Won't be easy at first, but then you get to recognize the changes. Don't lose the desire and don't give up! You will get it with some work and it will be like a bolt of lightning. Good luck and good shooting!

Some fantastic advice.

If you are missing by 5" at 20 yards, you will miss by 10" at 40 yards. Like was said, practice, practice, practice. You will develop muscle memory as you practice. The more you practice (And have GOOD practice sessions), you groups will tighten. Also, have a veteran shooter/instructor critique your shooting form. They can pick up things in your form which you can correct. You need to practice and reinforce good form. The goal is to have your shooting form become automatic, IE You don't think about it. Do you think how to walk? (Left/ right/ left/ right) No. You have done it enough that you it just happens. When you reach the point when you can focus on your aiming point and nothing but the aiming point, you will reach nirvana!

The worst thing you can do in the shooting process is involve your brain!

When practice and your form is not good or has degraded, STOP SHOOTING. You cannot fix things when you are tired.

I used to teach youth how to shoot for many years at our local club. They would want to change their pins, release, etc to fix whatever problems they were having. I would tell them they are human shooting a finely tuned machine. It's not the bow, it is YOU!:hump:

Good luck and have fun. Nothing like the mystical flight of the arrow.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back