Bergara B14 Or other Sub 700 dollar rifles

isu22andy

Anyone like them ? Seem pretty solid in the store. Little spendy . How do they compare to Weatherby Vanguards or Howas ? Browning AB3 ? Would like to Keep it sub 700 for the rifle in 6.5 creedmoor . Have a few tikkas , looking for something differrent.

I don't have one, but have talked to a couple of B14 owners at the range about them and haven't heard a single complaint. I almost bought a Highlander in 6.5 PRC this year, but went for the Christensen Ridgeline. I think I could've gone either way and would still be happy. When I pick up a .300 PRC (which is almost inevitable at this point), I will take another hard look at Bergara.

This thread has my list, and the responses of many . . .

I believe that Bergaras are one of the best factory offerings out there, currently, apart from Howas/Vanguards.

Just bought my second B14 Hunter. Now have one in .22-250 and one in .270. Had initially thought I’d go with Howa for a coyote rifle, but couldn’t get my hands on one IRL locally. Found the Bergara at the local store and liked it more than I thought I would, so decided to try it. Loved it. So when I was contemplating something with a little more accuracy than my Ruger was capable of for big game, went back for another.

Have spent lots of time at the range with them. The actions and triggers are very nice. The .270 grouped better out of the box than my Ruger ever did. After the break in, I had about 1.5 inch groups at 200 yds. The .22-250 does slightly better than that.

First hunts for both in the last week. Killed an antelope with the .270 opening weekend and picked up 3 coyotes with the .22-250 Sunday morning. They are very nice shooting rifles. However, I’ve never laid a finger on any of the others you mentioned, so can’t compare.

The finish on my B-14 Hunter sucks. Not a good blueing. Other than that it is awesome as far as function and accuracy

If you're looking different, try the Mauser M18 ($650) or pay a little more for its cousin with a better stock and more attractive lines, the Sauer S100 ($750).

I'm a big fan of my 30-06 B-14 Hunter. It wouldn't shoot factory monolithic bullets inside 2.5" groups, but everything else I've tried has been 1" - 1.25". I like the fit and feel, and no complaints about the trigger either.

I went back and forth between the Ridge and the Hunter, and decided to save a little weight. Don't think there was really a bad choice though.

From what I've heard, Bergara makes a great rifle, that's accurate and well made. I would second the notion made earlier to take a look at the new Mauser rifle. Good luck.

I have a B-14 ridge in 300WM. Make sure and retorque the action screws. Mine weren’t close to spec and torquing them properly took it from a ~1.5 moa rifle to a clover leaf shooting rifle. Best shooting rifle I have now.

I have a B-14 ridge in 300WM. Make sure and retorque the action screws. Mine weren’t close to spec and torquing them properly took it from a ~1.5 moa rifle to a clover leaf shooting rifle. Best shooting rifle I have now.

I had mine bedded as well because they kept sliding on those flat pillars. It would randomly send a flyer, now it’s a tac driver.

I’ve got a B14 Ridge in 7mm Rem mag. It was initially an average shooter. Turns out it is extremely sensitive to seating depth. After getting that figured out, it now shoots clover leafs. By far the most accurate rifle I’ve owned.

I have a Bergara B14, Ridge, 5 Tikkas and a Vanguard...I would have to rate the Bergara and Tikka a tie and the Vanguard 2nd...the Tikkas are lighter than the Bergara and Vanguard but I really like the feel of the Bergara like my old Remington 700 which is the platform the Bergara is built on....can't go wrong with any of them!

I’ve got a B14 Ridge in 7mm Rem mag. It was initially an average shooter. Turns out it is extremely sensitive to seating depth. After getting that figured out, it now shoots clover leafs. By far the most accurate rifle I’ve owned.

I've been curious about this. What load did you end up with and what is the OAL? Did you ever find out how far off your seating depth could be before you would see accuracy issues?

I've been curious about this. What load did you end up with and what is the OAL? Did you ever find out how far off your seating depth could be before you would see accuracy issues?
The load I settled on is a 150 Gr. Barnes TTSX. C.O.A.L is 3.385. Off hand, I'm not sure how far off the lands.

I run a b14 hunter in 300wm love it for the price. Just wish they’d shave weight like a tikka.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerezA
Back