Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ben's semi-live 2024 hunt thread

I finally got around to grinding up my trimming from the buck I shot last season. I made 8 pounds of Italian sausage and 25 pounds of ground venison and got it all vac sealed. I fried up some of the Italian sausage and put it on my pizza last night. I was very happy with how it turned out.

Then I discovered I had another 4-ish pounds of ground venison that needs a second grind in a big bowl in the fridge. I think I'm going to season it up and make breakfast sausage patties.

This was my first opportunity to use the LEM grinder I bought in the fall. I had been using a little grinder attached to my Kitchen-Aid. This is such a big upgrade. I did have a little bit of trouble with things jamming up on the first grind. But it was relatively easy to pull it apart and clear it.

Anyway, I'm getting a lot of practice in with my bow. Feeling good out to 40 yards I shot 50 once and it was pretty good, but I don't think I would want to shoot an animal that far out. I'm just trying to be confident in shooting longer ranges since I don't know that sneaking in to 20 or fewer yards is realistic in a Hawaii sheep hunt.

Back