Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Been doing a little Antelope Scouting

For the buck in the top pics - - -

17" of mass, 19" of length. 72" total. Not that my opinion matters.

Still love that buck of yours that leans forward Greeny.

Eli

D2_Web.JPG

What do you guys think of this buck? ;)

grail, I think if that buck walked out in front of me the last thing on my mind would be the score. I would be too busy lining up for the shot. Regardless of what that buck might score he rates high on the cool factor. I especially like the way it hooks on his left horn.

I agree BigSky.......I like the curl on that puppie.......and I definitely go for the "cool' factor also........all that one Greenhorn posted with the horns sticking forward, is not my cup of tea........I like fairly wide with heart shaped curls........that one I talked earlier about, that a friend shot and scored 83", had a wide sweeping curl and his prongs stuck straight out to the sides......I'll see if I can get a pic posted of him as well........

Keep the pics rolling men, it makes the opener seem all that much closer....

Eli, I'd guess 18" length, monster mass, but can't tell prong. Probably in the 90 range. I don't see them that big to be able to guess them.

Kurt, you're right on! The prong is his only weak point, which is why I only posted the front view. Hehe. We're going out today to see if we can find a BIGGER ONE!!! If we do, I'll be sure to post the pics - and the pics should be good as we're sitting in a blind for a few days this time. Get scouting and take some pics! I'm antsy. Haha.

Why all those little lope on here??

Nah, I dont see many lope, ever, but I spotted this one today about 150 yards off the road and there were a ton of juniper around so I stalked up to about 40 yards. My best antelope picture to date, tiny buck.

HS

Sweetlopepic.jpg

Good topic!

I agree that those bucks do not gross over 80.

Here are 3 pics of 3 different non typicals I've seen over the years ( I love yours Greenhorn)

crappy video pic of a flat horn buck:

flathornbuck.jpg

this next buck had some curves...but the wrong way lol:

spooky.jpg

And this is my favorite non typcial i've ever seen (in person I mean):

crazyhorn002683904.jpg

Delw: Here's a side view of him from 2004. Not very clear because it was taken from our video.

Blade_5.JPG

Eli, that thing is huge.

Check this out. I think the guys on this bowhunting site aren't giving this antelope credit. I think it's really a big one, but can't be sure without a side view. What do you think? Bowsite Antelope Link

It ain't no "Mid 70's" goat IMO, but then again you know about what that's worth!

More like Awards book material, possibly better... Need to see a different view, but the 80-82" bucks I've shot didn't look any bigger than that... ;)

Grail, thanks for the side shot, that looks pretty cool.
I am heading up north in the next few weeks to shoot some pics and do some lope scouting.
I am going to use my 35mm camera with my 1000mm and 1500mm mirro lens then get them burnt on a cd.

Delw

That would be sweet to see some pics of some monster bucks, Delw! Can't wait.

Kurt, I think that buck looks pretty good, too, but it's hard to tell in that photo. Guessin' between 80 and 90. Haha. How's that for accurate?

We found two boomers this morning! We're gonna get close to them real soon and get some good footage. I'll post what we get.

Dunno. Hopefully we'll put something together, but we haven't been able to get into Cabela's or Bass Pro, yet, which is kinda slowing down the machine.

If we get in the next video will be out fairly soon. If not, there's no telling when we'll get around to it. Pretty busy this time of year.

I updated our website with a bunch of new pics. The heart shaped buck I posted a pic of above would have made 90 inches, but broke his left tip. We got pretty close last time out.

Greenhorn- What camera (brand & model) were you using for the pics you got this year? They turned out GREAT!

eli

Buddy of mine was just up at mount trumble, on his way to trumble he said he saw some nice bucks south east of the airport by the big butte( you will know where that is, all flat except for that one butte) .
He is guessing one of the lopes score in the high 80s easy possbly 90s, he was by himself but close to a heard of 5 other lopes with 2 decent bucks in it.

Might be something for you to look into.

On the flip side he saw some huge bucks along the canyons between 12a west and 13a and one monster on 13b and 13a border.

Delw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back