PEAX Equipment

beaglewear half vest

VAspeedgoat

Years ago I bought a beaglewear blaze orange half vest. Its wool and I love the cut that allows me to get to coat pockets. It also fits kind of trim so it doesn't make me feel like im hunting in a sleeping bag. The problem is, beaglewear went out of business and I can't find anything like it. Do any of you guys use something similar or know of anything similar? I'm not married to wool but prefer it due to the extra insulation. I may have to find the fabric and have someone make it for me using my current vest as a pattern. Thanks for any help.

Loved my beaglewear. Sad to see it go. I'm associated with Big Woods Bucks, which is primarily out of New England. We're continuing to bring the wool clothes back (though they never really left). While this stuff isn't treated like the beagle clothes, it is a densely woven wool that should do what you're looking for. I don't know if it matches the old beagle stuff exactly, to be able to button it.
I'd email Chris D to see if you can order just the half vest, or shoot me a pm and we can figure something out.
Tell him Matt B sent you.

https://www.bigwoodsbucks.com/Products/tabid/69/ctl/ProductDetails/mid/442/ProductID/33/Default.aspx
http://www.bigwoodsbucks.com/Contact.aspx

I've read Hal's books and have hunted near moosehead lake twice. It seems like a lifetime ago but it was only like ten years ago. I looked on their page and see what you mean about the vest. I'll be following up on it for sure. Thanks for the tip. I definitely need to get back up there. The times I went it was pretty warm. Only saw a few small bucks while still hunting. I would love to have some descent tracking weather when I go back.

Last edited:
I've read Hal's books and have hunted near moosehead lake twice. It seems like a lifetime ago but it was only like ten years ago. I looked on their page and see what you mean about the vest. I'll be following up on it for sure. Thanks for the tip. I definitely need to get back up there. The times I went it was pretty warm. Only saw a few small bucks while still hunting. I would love to have some descent tracking weather when I go back.

When there's snow, it's tough to beat tracking in the big woods of Maine. As honest a hunting experience as there is. Let me know if you need any assistance with the vest, or getting back to Maine.

Will definitely give you a shout when I finally get to go back. By the way, just looking at names and such, is that some of your articles on the bigwoods bucks home page. If so nice work. I haven't been as good about following as I used to be. There's some good stuff on there.
A trip to the big woods of the northeast would impress anyone from out west with its broad size and isolation. If someone could go there and not be impressed than there may be no hope for that person.

Yes, those are some of my articles. Do a bit of writing and speaking with them.
I agree that some of the experiences of northern New England can rival the west. Probably not in the extremes, but perhaps on average. More roads here, which I wish they would close a bit more.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back