Yeti GOBOX Collection

BC Mountain Goat - Semi Live Hunt

SCliving Outdoors

In 12 days I leave to head up to BC to chase mountain goats. I'm really excited. I booked this hunt over 2 years ago. I try to save up and every 2 years or so go on a "special" that is really difficult or impossible to do diy. I know mtn goat is very possible to do diy, but I also understand the draw odds especially as a non-resident. This hunt was supposed to be around 2 years away from my ibex hunt, but covid happened and the world stopped so even though my ibex hunt was already paid for it was pushed back. So now I have 2 dream hunts 9 months apart.

I'll be hunting out of Golden, BC which is about 250 miles north of Coeur d'Alene Idaho and 40 miles west of Banff. Ill be flying out on September 11th from ATL direct to Calgary where my guide will pick me up. I'll be hunting the Kootenay Range along the Columbia River with Beaverfoot Outfitters who were recommended to me via another hunter. All the research I turned up on them was good and the reports I got from a friend that lives in Canada and hikes close by is there are a pile of goats up there. The season for goats and mule deer opens September 10th and I'll be hunting the 12th-21st. High country mule deer are my favorite hunts so I was able to add in the deer hunt if I kill my goat with some time left to hunt. My goal is to kill a goat in the first 4 days then go look for a good buck, but you know what they say about the best made plans. I'll roll with the punches and do my best to make it happen.

I'm ready to go. I'll go shoot one more time before I leave just to make sure I'm where I want to be on the paper. I have my gear pretty dialed in because I take pretty much the same stuff for all my mountain hunts.

I'll update this post the best I can. My expectations are pretty high. It should be a great hunt.

Last edited:
THERE IS NOT A CHANCE IN HELL YOUR A GAWD DAMN PARKS AND REC SUPERINTENDENT

if you are let me know where i can sign up.

all kidding aside good luck have fun
I knew I’d get genuine heartfelt comment from you, lol.

I’m a supervisor not a superintendent….

Here’s a screenshot from the local paper with yours truly.

74C8D0F1-C72E-4EF4-8A9E-3AF1DDC1A7B4.png

Okay that's it, I'm gonna need you to send me an application from your employer just saying! Way high on the list of dream hunts good luck!

Edit: Okay he is def a spook and this photo and so called job is just a cover story no doubt.

Last edited:
Okay that's it, I'm gonna need you to send me an application from your employer just saying! Way high on the list of dream hunts good luck!

Edit: Okay he is def a spook and this photo and so called job is just a cover story no doubt.
Thank you. I’m really looking forward to it. It’s high up on the list for me too. The only thing higher is a ram and I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Also, idk what a spook is. Well, I know what a zara spook is. We call those spooks when using them for largemouth and spottails down on the coast…

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back