Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

BASS fishing

Concerned hunter , I know exactly what you mean. I always buy stuff and lots of it befor the tournaments. but it seems I always fall back to 3 lures and thats it. I got tons of stuff that I have never used.

Delw

Concerned hunter & Delw
you guys couldnt be more right about that!!!
I used to fish alot tournaments with a guy who was at the time in his early seventies and the ole codger knew what he was doing! he primarily fished with a black or purple worm w/white dots and two hooks,yea you know the ones you used to see years ago!! well, anyway he would use these and with the right presentation in he right spot (temp.,calrity etc...)they were deadly.The ole guy would use his worms all day and before weigh-in he would pull them all off an tie on the most hideous crappy lures you ever saw, people at the ramp would see his strings and always look in the boat at the rods to see what he was using (common practice for tournament fishermen) and would walk away scratching there heads?!?!!!? I used to get the biggest kick out that ole guy but, he proved to me that you didnt need 5,000 lures and 25 rods to catch a decent string of fish.Because i was young and knew everthing at that time i didnt learn until later, after i had the 5,000 lures and 25 rods, oh well i still like all my stuff!!!! its all part of the fun!!!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Ha huh, that is funny. It had just recently dawned on me that I had more stuff than I would ever use mostly plastics. I would go to the Kansas City Boat and Outdoor Show and walk out of there with 2 huge bags of tackle because this was the time of year when the new stuff was out. I guess when I first started fishing tournaments I felt like I was under-gunned because I had only a little bit of tackle so I soon went out and indulged with lots of tackle. More isn't always better because it just weighted my boat down and took up too much room! I still only use about 3 rods and the other 5 or 6 sit in the locker. Things are going to be different this year!

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back