Bang, Bang, Bang

TBinKodiak

We had 4 guys and split up into two groups. It started a little slow where I was and we only had 3 down after the first hour. The barrel started to get real hot as the tide came in though. We also started to run out of real estate, glad the boat came to pick us up when they did 3 hours later. I'm not sure what the total take was since we found a couple behind decoy bags when we got back to the dock, probably 30-31.

Bubba thankful the temps were 20 degrees warmer this weekend.

Jan1109DuckHunt.jpg

The boys admiring their haul.

Jan1109Ducks.jpg

The crew.

Jan1109Ducks1.jpg

The last duck my buddy took had a little something extra. First banded bird I've seen in 6 years here.

Jan1109DucksBand1.jpg

HEY!!! Ovis how da ya like me now.... :cool:

You look like you're leaning into the picture like you're afraid you're going to be left out :)

Nice pics !!! What all for birds did you guys get in your bag ?

You look like you're leaning into the picture like you're afraid you're going to be left out :)

Nice pics !!! What all for birds did you guys get in your bag ?

Well you can't tell from the picture, but the camera was sitting on the boat's rail while the boat was left in forward to keep it against shore. Basically I set the auto on the camera then jumped ashore for the pictue, that's why my shotgun is still on board too. Anyway we took 10 black scoter, 2 drake barrow's goldeneye and 6 hen goldeneye(common and barrow), 10 harlequin, 2RB merganser.

Nice haul TB. What kind of duck is the banded one?

Drake Black Scoter

........ I knew I should have hopped on the plane |oo|oo|oo

You wouldn't have wished that while you were sitting in the ANC airport all of Saturday. First flights of the weekend were coming in as we were shooting ducks Sunday morning.

.........Well Besides "dead" he means ;)

I'm assuming your responding to this... HEY!!! Ovis how da ya like me now....
Becuase of this...
Everytime you post pictures, I hate you just a little bit more.

Hate away beotch, my dog thinks your a... :wank: er

BubbaJan09.jpg

NICE !!! Thanks for sharing!
Never hunted "sea" ducks...if I can break myself of spending kids inheritance for trips to Africa, I would like to try it at least once !

If you ever get an immature scoter could you snap a picture of it and put it up.I shot one about 15 years ago here in Iowa and would like to compare a picture to what I remember it looking like.I should of took a picture but didn't think of it.I remember I couldn't pluck it as the feathers wouldn't hardly budge.I see your buddy has a couple calls around his neck,do you use them or is it just for show?

HEY!!! Ovis how da ya like me now.... :cool:

That's the point...I don't. ;) But guess who found out Uncle Sam is sending them to the Last Frontier in June for two weeks? Just in time for some King fishing and maybe some halibut to boot. Think I will be up in May on my own dime to hunt black bear.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back