Caribou Gear Tarp

backyard 'bonefish'

putm2sleep

He busted - no splintered a fly rod early in the summer. Finally able to catch and land this one.
Awfully fun watching him.

Attachments

• backyardhawg.jpg
    backyardhawg.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 280
Fun times!! That has to bring you back to your childhood back in Iowa. We used to make up doughball to go catch them from Storm Lake :)

RobG - we are at home, but no way no how those come home from a fish trip. *To his right about 150yards is our lake. >>>He caught that thing, carried it up home ~150 yards. We shot some video and pics, and then he took that stinky fish back. AND, released it. They are tough suckers.

Fun summer indeed. Thanks fellas, yes, takes me back for sure. More makes me real proud - I sure was not that good at 8. >>>He is getting dern good with his compound bow too. There won't be releasing them when he goes to bowfishing.

very nice. I still go down to Sugar Creek here and shoot carp with the bow till my fingers bleed!!! Nothing better or more fun when its 95 outside than wading the creek. I use wheaties and vanilla when fishing for them. . .good stuff!:)

RobG - we are at home, but no way no how those come home from a fish trip. *To his right about 150yards is our lake. >>>He caught that thing, carried it up home ~150 yards. We shot some video and pics, and then he took that stinky fish back. AND, released it. They are tough suckers.

Fun summer indeed. Thanks fellas, yes, takes me back for sure. More makes me real proud - I sure was not that good at 8. >>>He is getting dern good with his compound bow too. There won't be releasing them when he goes to bowfishing.

Yeah, they are tough suckers so it will live. It is too bad there isn't a good use for those - guess you could bury them in your garden - they used to make fertilizer out of them but it is apparently cheaper to open pit mine phosphate. Perhaps someone could have a go at "organic" fertilizer. It might sell in the Boulders and Bozemans of the U.S.

Back