Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

B.C. / U.S. travel w/ harvested birds - Advisory.

Sytes

This was just released for those planning any water fowl / bird hunts in B.C. intending to return with your hunting success.

http://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-m...e-restrictions-birds-and-poultry-products-due

Specifically:

Effective immediately, the following avian and/or poultry products originating in or transiting through the control zone are prohibited: uncooked chicken, turkey, duck, or goose; raw eggs; live birds; hatching eggs; composted manure; and meat from hunter-harvested birds.

Sometimes not realized when planning a hunt though may save from a frustrating crossing back into the U.S.

Thanks for the tip Sytes! I wonder how hunters that shoot birds outside that designated control zone will be treated if they bypass that area to enter the states. Unless you had proof of exactly where the birds were taken, and I don't see how you could do that, I don't see how they could allow any to pass through a border check anywhere up there. Does anyone that hunts up there have any thoughts on this or do you just not go up there until they drop the quarantine at an unknown future date.

If there is any suspicion it may have transited through any control zone, it would be handled as such though if there is question within a hunter, the least inconvenient means to establish the hunter's whereabouts would be via fuel receipts, basic map routing, hotel receipts... basically evidence of one hunting / traveling outside the zone. I suppose that would be the most reasonable means to support a hunter's position - If hunting close to a "Control Zone". Least that would be my two cents on the transiting of the meat.

Last edited: