Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Az402

Delw

Hey a buddy of mine called me up this morning. Apperently he about pissed his pants when he was driving to flagstaff and saw 2 bighorns sitting on the side of the freeway just north of mile marker 300 on the east side of the highway.

I had just recently read something about rams in the west clear creek area and they were going to do some searching or somthing for them. So I called Leonard Ordway(sp) with game and fish to pass along the info. In that conversation Leonard told me there was a ewe hanging around sunset point by the badgersprings area also.

Have you ever seen rams in these areas? Ive hunted badgersprings for years ( sence the early 80s) and never seen a ram there tahts pretty cool
plus the mile marker 300 area is pretty damn close to where I hunt bear in the fall and again I have never seen a ram in there as well.

He said one was full curl and the other was pretty damn close to full curl. I wish he could have gotten some pics.

Looks like these bighorns are starting to move around., maybe in our life time they will have more tags avail ;)

Delw

I haven't ever seen them in that area. I know that they are introducing them back into 6A. It would be nice if the population took off in those areas. I'd love to be able to hunt them close to home. I'll have to pay more attention to that area next time I'm near it.

Back