AZ unit 10 late rifle bull

Kerrdawg

Long time listener, first time caller,
I was lucky and pulled a bull tag this year, took 8 pts to get it! I was wondering if anyone had some helpful hints on this particular hunt?Anyhow ,congrats to all that have already filled their tags,I've really enjoyed the pics and stories.I am new to this forum ,so to give a little background, I'm a desert Muley fanatic, my family and I harvested19 bucks in a unit an hour from Phoenix .I speak elk fluently but this my first late rifle elk tag ,myself and my son,who's 17. I think I have a handle on it , but I'm sure there is something I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

Most of Unit 10 is on the big Boquillas Ranch. I understand they are charging an "ACCESS" fee this year. If you want to pay that, then there are lots of areas to hunt. Bishops Platieau, Black Tank Camp, Coffee Lake, Round Mountain. Lots' of places. If you don't want to pay the tresspass fee, Sorry, ACCESS fee, then you can hunt Monument Wash and the areas west of there. East of Long Point, Tin House will sometimes have elk late in the season. Just a few to start off with.

Thanks Dan, that access"fee" wasn't in the brochure can't see why Azgfd wouldn't back us hunters up . I'm paying it though, thanks again.Ill look those spots up!

my dad hunted that unit later rifle last year with three of his friends. they said it was a very tuff hunt. only saw two bulls and shot both of them. One nice 6x6 that went 320 and a small bull. most of the locals had 4 people scouting per one tag. if you'd like you can email me and I can give you my dads number if you'd like to talk to him. I think they found a few spots that were good. My email is [email protected]

unit 10

Look at these areas, I saw bulls there scouting before.
long point, aubrey cliffs,black tanks camp,, the wilderness, red dam,
coconino plateau - the elk were out in the open antelope country.
also in the
state trust lands along cataract canyon...
Good luck

Thanks, Howdy and Dan headed up there Thurs do some deer hunting and scout some bulls truly appreciate the help, I really do thanks again!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back