Az coues

Thanks everyone...
Those thing sure are fun to hunt.
Even with my limited experience I would agree.

How's the knee doing?
I has its moments, pretty sure theres a flap that pinches every now a then, but now that I'm finished hunting I can have it fixed.

Were the bucks paying attention to does? See any javelinas?
Yes bucks were around the does some actively pursuing but more pre-rut making scrapes/rubs. Saw javelina in almost every unit we drove through.
Now I'm even more excited to head down there next week than I previously was.

Should be fantastic by then. Plenty of weather moved through this week, Rut was picking up....Good luck!

Dang nice bucks, I see a lot of harvested regular whitetails each year that are much smaller than those two. Congrats!

Excellent Coues bucks - congrats to you both. I haven't killed one yet, because I usually like my deer bigger than my dog, but I'm still kicking myself for not hammering one about the size of the second one with my bow last January inside 40 yards. A week before I had shot right under a whopper muley and that Coues buck just didn't quite measure up. By the time I watched him sniffing does at 300 yards, I regretted not shooting him. I won't make that same mistake again this year if I see him while chasing pigs with my bow. Probably.

Nice bucks! Man, this is a bucket list item for sure, thanks for sharing the pictures.

Good job! I have shot lots of coues bucks but very few the size of that second buck. Congratulations!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back