Axl had a fun day...and his dad took too many pics....

mtmiller

Only the second time out this season, but it was a pretty good day.

A little overkill on the number of pics, but the light and canvas was pretty good today.

2009_Oct_18110.jpg

2009_Oct_18115.jpg

I didn't even have to shoot this one. He was locked up and Axl just took him out of the air.;)

2009_Oct_18122.jpg

Few more shots.

2009_Oct_18145.jpg

1212.jpg

2009_Oct_1871.jpg

Yep buddy, I know there are still birds in the air.

2009_Oct_1857.jpg

Well, gotta clean some birds and buy a bottle of whiskey for a very cool landowner that is letting me on his place.

Last edited:
Very nice!! There's an ugly mutt in the last one though... ;)

Why do all your birds have green heads?

Great shots, Craig. I was wondering if you and Axl had been out yet.

Got out for the opener. Got some birds, but it was slow. That trip was hard on Ax and I had to lift him in and out of the pick-up, so just did the one day.

Great pics as always. What camera are you using now?

The Panasonic FZ8 is still kicking, but does act up on occasion. Guess that is to be expected the way I treat it. Got a little more mud and water on it this morning.

Very nice!! There's an ugly mutt in the last one though... ;)

Why do all your birds have green heads?

The hens were too smart for me. BTW, how is your wife and my kid.;)

Great photos as always. I think Axel's the most photogenic dog I've ever seen. And it looks like he still loves to hunt as much as ever.....

GREAT PICS- I see you are hunting over on the Pacific Flyway part of the state. I have been west yet but will make my annual trip over there. Just have to figure out how to do with the kid and school scedules.

Nemont

Those are great pictures- excellent detail. Do you normally have it set on an "action" or sports mode (like a burst), or do you adjust it yourself. I have yet to master my camera. Great set of green too!

Back