ATV's going up horse/human trail

The single biggest source of trail closure to ATVs is riding them off designated trails. The ATV industry knows this, and promotes rider education programs in conjunction w RMEF, Mule Deer foundation, CO Parks/Wildlife, the list goes on and on. ATV clubs publish maps of open trails, volunteer for trail maintenance and construction, and educate users to what is open. US Forest Service publishes MVUMs that show current roads and trail open to cars, 4wd, atv, motorcycle: free online. So ignorance is not the problem. Arrogance is, as in "The only things that matter are my desires, and there are no consequences for my actions."

www.atvsafety.org/RiderCourse.aspx

www.staythetrail.org/

https://elknetwork.com/atv-utv-rmef-urges-ride-right/

http://www.archildrens.org/health-a...can-ensure-a-safe-atv-ride-for-those-you-love

In UT they ride wherever they want. When caught violating federal law: If Zinke doesn't automatically declare the trail open regardless of resource protection (Recapture), then the local gov't just calls it a protest ride (guess where, Recapture).

The single biggest source of trail closure to ATVs is riding them off designated trails. The ATV industry knows this, and promotes rider education programs in conjunction w RMEF, Mule Deer foundation, CO Parks/Wildlife, the list goes on and on. ATV clubs publish maps of open trails, volunteer for trail maintenance and construction, and educate users to what is open. US Forest Service publishes MVUMs that show current roads and trail open to cars, 4wd, atv, motorcycle: free online. So ignorance is not the problem. Arrogance is, as in "The only things that matter are my desires, and there are no consequences for my actions."

www.atvsafety.org/RiderCourse.aspx

www.staythetrail.org/

https://elknetwork.com/atv-utv-rmef-urges-ride-right/

http://www.archildrens.org/health-a...can-ensure-a-safe-atv-ride-for-those-you-love

In UT they ride wherever they want. When caught violating federal law: If Zinke doesn't automatically declare the trail open regardless of resource protection (Recapture), then the local gov't just calls it a protest ride (guess where, Recapture).

100% this

Hey mtnman, to all of you ATVer's that say "to heck with it" and go around road closures, the is going to be a guy like me that will document it and report it. I've been successful in getting three different jokers nailed in the past few years. It was not cheap for any of them. You say you are sick of closures? I'm DAMN sick of ATV's. mtmuley

Ya, "closed is closed" but the reason it's closed in many cases is pure bullshit. That's the point, there's too much "closed" and it's getting to the point where some of us will say the heck with it and go around. Horseback is a nice option, like you said, but horses are very expensive and time consuming and certainly not for the average guy. Also your argument about outlaws ruining it doesn't hold water. Sure a very small percentage ride off trail or something but let's not overreact. Shall we close the interstate because a small percentage of drivers throw litter out the window, no we deal with it.

When you find your atv tires deflated, out of oil and no gas left in your tank not sure you'll say " to heck with it anymore" that's pure bullshit keep atvs where they're allowed to go.

Hey mtnman, to all of you ATVer's that say "to heck with it" and go around road closures, the is going to be a guy like me that will document it and report it. I've been successful in getting three different jokers nailed in the past few years. It was not cheap for any of them. You say you are sick of closures? I'm DAMN sick of ATV's. mtmuley

If we could get more enforcement and tickets written I think some of those clowns would think twice about disregarding the rules. I too am sick of atv's ruining the countryside.

mtnman if you want to ride on your own private property and tear it all up go right ahead.

Last edited:
Ya, "closed is closed" but the reason it's closed in many cases is pure bullshit. That's the point, there's too much "closed" and it's getting to the point where some of us will say the heck with it and go around. Horseback is a nice option, like you said, but horses are very expensive and time consuming and certainly not for the average guy. Also your argument about outlaws ruining it doesn't hold water. Sure a very small percentage ride off trail or something but let's not overreact. Shall we close the interstate because a small percentage of drivers throw litter out the window, no we deal with it.

Wow, who would have ever guessed you're in your 60's...an entitled baby boomer? Who would have ever thought that?

What did your father do when he got too old to hike or ride a horse into the places he wanted to hunt? Bet your ass he didn't make an illegal ATV trail or road into his favorite spot.

I don't get guys like you...somehow feel you're entitled to drive around gates, make your own rules, just because you're old and lazy.

Nothing I enjoy more than turning in dimwits like you...hopefully I find you behind a gate somewhere.

May want to rethink that handle of yours too...mtnman??? not hardly....more like assgluedtoaseatman.

Last edited:

Well if that's the case why not just disregard any "no hunting" or "no trespassing signs" and hunt where you want because you are old and hunting should be easier for you. While you're at it go ahead and tear up the place with your atv.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back