Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Arkansas Bear Hunt???

texasbucksandbirds

I got a nice surprise yesterday, I found out that my wife's family has some land in the Mountain View area of Arkansas. Not exactly sure how much or the terrain but it is forested. I am thinking of attempting a Black bear/whitetail archery hunt. Does anyone have any knowledge of the area or insight that would help in planning? Thanks everyone.

I need to know a few things...
Has anyone ever hunted Arkansas bear before?
Suggested tactics for bear hunting in the East, probably not an abundance of land to roam where I'm wanting to go.
Best broadhead for bear?

First theres lots of bears in north Ark. Most bears are killed by guys targeting them, meaning baiting them. Some are taken by deer hunters who just get lucky.From what you mentioned in the first post if i were you i would talk to someone who knows this family land,is it an island of timber in farmland (good for deer,not so much bear),how close to town,how close to Nat'l forest,size,Ect.FORGET spot and stalk that country is too thick.Ask 100 guys about what broadhead to use and you will likely get 100 answers ,i shoot Montecs and have killed deer, antelope,elk, bear, and turkey. If this is a old family home place ask if it has an old orchard ,thats like hitting the lotto for bears.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back