Arizona Archery Javelina

GFHunter

I have been hunting javelina for almost 2 weeks now and finally found a few of them that I could put a spot and stalk on. I glassed them up this afternoon and shot this male at 4:30 pm today. There was one male and 2females together. It is my first stink pig and boy did he stink.

The shot was 27 yards with my mathews switchback. He ran 70 yards into the thickest brush I have ever had the privilege of crawling through. Made me a little nervious also. I found him dead on arrival.

jav2.jpg

jav1.jpg

Too cool Dean! I was hoping you would post so I could see some pic's. I see you emailed me, but I can't access that account from work.

Congrats on the javelina.

Those things are custom made for bowhunting.

That is so true Buzz, if you can prevent them from smelling you, you can walk right up to them and poke them with a stick. Lucky for me the wind was right in my face. I had perfect conditions.

It may very well be do able. I'm thinking of applying for AZ elk next year, since you have to buy a license might as well go hunt javi's and otc deer in the rut.

Thanks for the info! I will be looking into this a bit more for next winter. 'Twould be a blast to pair up a javi hunt with some quail shooting!

Good work on the stinkpig. They are indeed a lot of fun to hunt with a bow....but how did you determine you were chasing a male and two females? I usually don't lift their legs to check until after i kill em....

For those interested in hunting these stinky little boogers, even if you don't draw a tag there are usually several units that have plenty of leftovers that can be purchased OTC. Most of these areas offer some good archery deer at the same time. If you haven't chased a coues with a bow yet I would highly suggest it ;)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back