Are Game Camera's Legal in Montana?

After seeing the cluster over parsing of words with the trapping bill, I have better things to do with my time. As far as I'm concerned, I am using my equipment legally and a few over zealous wardens can pound sand.

Yeah, about what I expected...all lip, no action.

So easy to fix too, don't worry Paul, someone else will do the heavy lifting for you, as per always.

This topic has been beat to death for the past 3-4 years on every forum on the net. The search function is your friend.

I don't read other forums and you are the one that brought it up this time Tony, on another thread (picture thread). Google kicked out a 5 year old thread from this site on this topic, and you were a dick on that one too. So thanks for reviving the dead horse, Tony

The reg is worded strangely and my understanding is that the Commission will look to make a reg change to more closely align with the statute in the next few months. This came up during the session as a bill and we worked with the bill sponsor to get FWP to commit to making the reg change rather than one more bill that would be dictating minutia through statute rather than commission authority.

You're welcome, BHR.

I don't read other forums and you are the one that brought it up this time Tony, on another thread (picture thread). Google kicked out a 5 year old thread from this site on this topic, and you were a dick on that one too. So thanks for reviving the dead horse, Tony

Just trying to keep you from an FWP citation Paul, a thank you would work.

The reg is worded strangely and my understanding is that the Commission will look to make a reg change to more closely align with the statute in the next few months. This came up during the session as a bill and we worked with the bill sponsor to get FWP to commit to making the reg change rather than one more bill that would be dictating minutia through statute rather than commission authority.

You're welcome, BHR.

I looked at the statute this morning...and its pretty clear that the regulation does not reflect the intent of statute.

Easy fixes, for those so inclined to pitch their hat in the ring...

I looked at the statute this morning...and its pretty clear that the regulation does not reflect the intent of statute.

Easy fixes, for those so inclined to pitch their hat in the ring...

Yep. Easy fix to a messed up reg.

Now on to elk mgt?

:D

Interesting changes being kicked around in the Root Buzz, have you been getting the group emails?

I did get those...shaking my head at a few.

Keep up the good work, I trust RCFWA will represent my interests there...you guys are definitely the leading group in making positive changes to an otherwise jacked up EMP, predator issues, and FWP Department. Considering what you have to work with, you guys deserve a lot of thanks, so thank you. Proud to be a life member and the correspondence on issues is greatly appreciated.

There was just a lawsuit in $10 Million lawsuit in Maine due to a state laws non-use of an Oxford comma. If you can successfully argue the use, or non- use, of a comma, you can probably argue this.

However, why live with the ambiguity of the game camera law. Fixing it seems to be the easiest approach.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back