Archery Goose

idahobonecollector

So I was out deer hunting with the old stick and string and came across some geese out in the field and the deer hunting was slow so figured I would put the sneak on these geese. Talent or lucky you decide :)

Attachments

• goose.jpg
    goose.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 329
How far was it?
Under 30 yards = talent, over = luck ;)
A stick-bow trophy either way.
Congrats!

Way to go! I also keep an arrow or two with field tips to shoot squirrels while on stand deer hunting....but sneaking up on the geese, cool deal! Congrats

That's impressive especially with traditional equipment. I say talent. I guarantee the list of people who have shot a goose with a traditional bow is a short one.

Great job man! If someone needs to add a goose to their list of animals taken with a bow let me know. If I set up a goose hunt and don't land at least one goose I'm having a bad day. Tred did it the hard way, decoy em right, let em land and stick em like a turkey!

Sneak attack is cool and the stick and string makes it talent, I am hoping to stick a snow goose or two in a month when I am hunting them in missiouri gonna gun hunt and take the bow with to give it a try

Awesome!
But I will try to conserve the SEMO snow geese with my BPS with no plug!

Tom, you better come quick! There are more snow geese right now than I've seen all winter. They're in the right areas, too. Near the Black River from Qulin down to the Arkansas border and the East Prairie/New Madrid area.

Like the way you talk!
Be there Thursday night (Jackson), visit a sick friend Fri, help set up NWTF Banquet (yeah----some people dont understand why I am on the Committee for Boot Hills Boss Goblers annual Banquet since it is 7 hours from my house---oh well) Fri afternoon and Sat, go to Banquet Sat night and start chasing Snow geese for two or three days Sun. My dawg can smell it coming....he likes having his tongue reach the ground after picking up our ambush kill!

Tom, I think we've successfully hijacked this thread. ;)
Good luck with the banquet and geese. I hope you wax 'em by the dozens.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back