Archery Buck Down

nbell

Yesterday evening everything finally came together for me on a pretty decent buck. Wind cooperated, and a nice buck cooperated. We were glassing for the elk that have been coming out of a particular canyon when I got a wild hair to move a ridge over a mile or so away while my buddy stayed where the elk had been. Turned out to be a good move, as I was able to shoot this guy at 17 yards. Made a perfect double lung shot. I was amazed at how far this guy went with a hole through both lungs. The last 150 yards or so that he covered, there was no blood. Finally found him about 2 hours after dark, about the time I was ready to leave until morning. Not the biggest buck around, but with the end of the season coming up, and a 17 yard opportunity, I couldn't pass.
image.jpg

image1.jpg

Nice work man, great recovery! Love your style too (sweet sitka blue optifade, paired with the early season 100% shirt?) kidding ofcourse. Way to get er done man!

Thanks guys. Overall I would say this buck went 6-800 yards. He must have been running dead on his feet because I could find chunks of lung for the first 100 yards. Every other deer I have been lucky enough to get an arrow in has gone down in 100 yards or less with a shot this good. I could see if I pushed him, but waited my normal 1 hour after the shot to even go look for him. Just glad I was able to find him.

I'd take that buck any day of the week. Twice today. Funny that he went so far after popping both his balloons. Good job staying with it and hanging your tag on him!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back