Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

AR advice

I bought a Bushmaster Predator, with a 20" barrel. I mounted a 2 X 7 Leupold scope on it. Our issued service rounds grouped under 3/4" at 100 yards.

So, basis the many good tips and some PMs I have decided to first upgrade my M&P 15 Sport I. After this project I will know a lot more and then will probably build a whole new one from scratch with higher end components (and probably chambered in 6mmARC). I have ordered a tweaked Rock River Predator Pursuit Mid-Length in .223 Wylde 16" heavy match barrel threaded and satin blasted + Radian Raptor charge handle. I also ordered a CMC 2 stage trigger drop-in set to 2:2, a Magpul rubberized MOE grip, and LuthAR MBA-3 stock. Putting more into the build than I did buying the original rifle, but it should be a big improvement and I will see what I appetite I have for a whole build. I have no idea when the upper will come (probably 12-13 weeks) but the rest are all in stock and should be here in a week or so. Even just the trigger, stock and grip upgrades will be an improvement. Thanks all for your input.
Good move. We have the Predator Pursuit and it is 3/4 MOA, some days even 1/2 MOA if it is calm (rarely around here)

I forgot to add, sig m400s are nice rifles for an affordable price
They are nice. My wife found that she really liked the m400 Tread carbine. It’s been great so far with a couple hundred rounds through it. Definitely set up as an optics-ready option. She wanted to start out with her AR having only irons so we did that. What sucks about Sig is they use lots of proprietary parts. In order to get the irons to level out we spent thirty bucks on a short piece of mlok rail for the front sight. I tried to use a much cheaper Magpul rail and the differences had me out of adjustments and still needing about 6” at 25yards. Finally caved to Sig and bought their piece of rail and centered the irons easily. Just beware of Sig’s parts of buying a Sig to build off of. We really don’t have plans to do to much to this besides an optic in the future, so it’s fine.

I may or may not have several AR platforms rifles...lol.. Daniel Defense in my opinion is the top of the line, light,durable...the cost is a bit much though ( I only have 1 of those)! I agree with the guys saying build your own, that way you get exactly what you want! Palemetto Arms usually has several good deals on the kits. Good luck.
….side note though, I prefer a good auto shotgun with 00 buck for home defense..just my opinion...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back