anyone interested in an aoudad hunt??

mixedbag

I located a 20,000 acre ranch that allows diy aoudad hunting in Texas.He only allows hunting till mid April for aoudad.Trespass fee for the ranch is $800, and camping is allowed on the ranch.I'm pretty interested in giving it a shot this year, but need a partner.Send me a pm if you might be interested.This is free range aoudad; not a preserve

Wow, thats a pretty cheap price to hunt barbarys...any idea how many are even on this property?

That is a good price!! I'd love to give that a try, but no dice on such short notice and with applications due. Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

You'll have better luck with more info - where in Texas? Are there aoudad there? How many? How much has it been hunted?

Some indication that it is not a snipe hunt?

I have access to 20,000 in Idaho I'd let you hunt Audad for $799 ;)

I can't go but keep us informed. sounds fun !!

Yeah, where in Texas?

I had a deer lease near Seymour, TX that had Aoudad. The area was what they call "Red Scalds" around the South Wichita River. A guy let them go around there in the 50's I believe and they have flourished. They are a really cool critter to lay eyes on. Had a $500 trophy fee in my lease contract to harvest one but I never tried. In retrospect I should have as the deer hunting was average at best. Back then they didn't know what they had... now they are getting quite a chunk to hunt and harvest them.

http://rangercreekranch.com/aoudad.php

$800 sounds like a fair price depending on quantity of critters. Depending on where in Texas this ranch is, I may be able to help verify the quality potential.

With their long flowing beard they make an incredible shoulder mount!

I'll have to double check the nearest town.The ranch manager sent an e-mail of one they just got a few weeks back.Its not a heavily advertised ranch.They offer aoudad and deer on the place.I do a little more research then to just jump in my truck for a crap shoot.Thanks for the offer in Idaho for them, but maybe next year,lol
I still need to contact some past hunters.Just seeing if anyone was interested in a poor mans sheep hunt

I definitely want to hunt those buggers some day but can't this year. I'm actually looking into a ranch in NM I received info on. Not nearly as cheap as what you've found but still cheaper than what most places get.

Van Horn, huh? Pretty close to the Ol Mexico border.

Waaay West Texas. There is a guy out that way that has Desert Bighorn on his property. With all the money you are saving on the Aoudad hunt you can spend the $60K for that hunt:)

That's not far from where I live and fairly close to where I've chased javelina. Most places will charge you $1500 or more for an Aoudad that have them down that way. Keep us updated.

..big country...lots of stickery things.

http://vanhorntexas.org/

Yes, it is... and it's surrounded by the Apache Mts, the Wylie Mts, the Van Horn Mts, the Eagle Mts. and the Delaware Mts, w/ the Davis Mts a little more SE of there. Depending on where that ranch is, Aoudad sheep could be anywhere in that country... and maybe even all over that ranch. But they won't be easy to get, by any stretch... But then, that's what it's all about...

I agree.If I wanted a "give me" I'd go to a preserve and kill one in a day.Not sure what their success rate is yet, but its guaranteed fun( for me anyway )If not this year, I'll set something up for next.I know its short notice for everyone

Aoudad hunt swap for pheasant hunt.

Is anyone out there interested in trading an aoudad hunt for a wild pheasant hunt? I have access to several thousand private acres in the SW Texas Panhandle with abundant wild pheasant. I would be willing to trade a pheasant hunt with anyone who has access to an aoudad hunt. I would be a single hunter, but would be open to having multiple pheasant hunters on our property to even out the trade. Again, the pheasant hunt would be on private land with exclusive access for plenty of birds. Looking for an even swap.

When did you plan taking this hunt? I am looking into a hunt for b-day in the spring and thought about Nilgai, but that sounds like fun. The date you go may make the difference in the hunt as well, so make sure to ask about the best time to go and talk to ref's he gives you and them about the dates they were there as well. Let me know.

I would totally be interested but I think this current job won't be over, I think I miss by a month, your time frame. I think I will be free in May - thus, am looking to do a spring bear hunt unless anyone can suggest otherwise for me. I don't think I will have free time in the fall this year.

good luck and keep posting or updating.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back