Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anyone from Gardiner, MT?

Gerald Martin

Hi guys. I'm wondering if anyone with experience elk hunting around Gardiner would be willing to P.M. me and let me pick your brain about a few areas I'm considering. I won't be able to get there to scout before the season and I would appreciate being able to see if my ideas are realistic.

And if anyone wants to send me a map with an X marked where I'm guarrented to see a 350 inch bull I won't refuse that either. :D

The last time I was in Gardiner was Feb. of 1989, and that was to harvest a buffalo. Judging by how well the Gardiner late elk hunts have fared lately, I would think this would be a tough area to elk hunt !

Great area if you are willing to get out and walk. However, if you are not ready to put on some miles in rough terrain, good luck. During rifle season, it is crawling with "road hunters" trying to get lucky. And it is also crawling with bears. Seems like Beatie Gulch gets closed off every year due to an encounter. The easy elk around Gardiner/Jardine is also very dependant upon the weather. If it's a warm fall, the migrating elk will hang out in the park and mock you while you drool through your spotting scope. HOWEVER, there are elk that live in the area you are interested in, they are just harder to locate, esp if the rut is over. Good luck.

Seems like every year a few hunters get chewed a bit by a grizzly on the rifle opener around there.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back