Anybody fish for Golden Trout?

That is crazy... I lost a pack with two rods in it, mind if I get them back?

Ya, we had a pretty tough time with the two routes we took, straight up the creek and then down another creek from a neighboring lake.

A lot of it looked like this.

Funny...There was a receipt for a night at a hotel in Jackson Hole in the pack. The pack belonged to a guy from Florida. My buddy looked him up and gave him a call. The guy ended up getting what he thinks was altitude sickness and dropped everything except for one hiking pole, his camera, and a water bottle and busted out to the trailhead.

Funny...There was a receipt for a night at a hotel in Jackson Hole in the pack. The pack belonged to a guy from Florida. My buddy looked him up and gave him a call. The guy ended up getting what he thinks was altitude sickness and dropped everything except for one hiking pole, his camera, and a water bottle and busted out to the trailhead.

Haha. I could see that happening, there were times I felt like leaving all of my stuff behind too.

My 1st golden. Several years ago. This lake is in the Wyoming Beartooths. It is probably the easiest Golden trout lake to access. There are bigger ones in this lake I just didnt catch any this day.

Attachments

• tooth 003.jpg
    tooth 003.jpg
    300.9 KB · Views: 3,615
Lucky Mike this thread reinforces what I thought after seeing pictures of your trophy room, I'd like to tag along on one of your fishing trips! Good stuff.

Caught Goldens in the lake behind us in this first picture. They were the finest eating trout I ever had, Tons of them in this lake and could not keep them off a grasshopper fly.

This is in Nevada's Rubies/East Humbolt Range. There was a mountain goat hanging out on the ridge in the back ground,

Attachments

• randy me rubies.jpg
    randy me rubies.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 3,251
  • rubies.jpg
    rubies.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 3,259
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members