Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Any wolf killing?

People that spew death threats because of hunting pics crack me up. They are the gutless purveyors of stupidity and there isn't a damn one of them will dare try to follow through-unless of course they are suicidal! Social media allows for faceless cowards to act tough.

Nice wolf.
I love the whiter ones to the black ones. Not that I would not shoot the first black one that I had a chance at. I normally have a tag in my pocket just in case.
:hump:

- Greater Yellowstone ecosystem. IMHO some use it as a way to try and expand the park rules to a larger area without having to expand the park.

Awesome wolves, everyone. I would love to get lucky enough to even see one, let alone be able to shoot one. I always have a tag in my pocket during the season, just in case.

I shot this one last year. Must have done something wrong, not a single death threat. :D

MTGomer, awesome wolf. Congradulations. It's a neat feeling. And anybody that gives death threats to guys that kill wolves deserves what they get. mtmuley

I still can't believe how many times I hear the same old "I didn't have a wolf tag and had one at 30 yards." Why the hell wouldn't you have a tag? If you hunt deer and elk you should be required to have a wolf tag.

I still can't believe how many times I hear the same old "I didn't have a wolf tag and had one at 30 yards." Why the hell wouldn't you have a tag? If you hunt deer and elk you should be required to have a wolf tag.

There are certainly a plethora of options, but not shooting isn't one of them.

BOY had a pretty good day... ;) Started the day by shooting a 5pt bull. Then he found this:

They two together

Said the wolves were hunting the same elk herd he was.

Wolves

Good Job Men!!! I cant wait for wyo to get the wolf hunting back. My kid and his buddy seen quite a few this year while deer hunting. I know where im headed when time comes!!! And as mentioned before the Anti's can go: BLEEP: BLEEP: Love the white ones cool looking critters!!!

Last edited:

Won't happen to me again.... It has been years since I hunted elk in an area with wolves. Very fortunate that my eastern elk honeyhole doesn't have to deal with them... I was on an antelope hunt with a guy from work and we snuck in a couple elk hunts while we were over there. I have bought lots of wolf tags in Alaska and Canada, but will be making sure one is in my "cart" when I buy my MT licenses from here on out.

Saw 6 laying in the sun on an open ridge today. 4 black and 2 gray. Private land and couldn't get permission. Damn. mtmuley

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back