Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Any Bronco Sport owners here?

Dave N

Our daughter has finally settled her work comp claim and wants to use the money towards a new vehicle. We were looking at Escapes and then she hits me with the Bronco idea. She can only afford the Sport version. She is in the process of moving about 5 minutes from work so MPG won't be a huge issue for her. She has a German shepherd that is too stupid to jump much so she will have to deal with that.

Anyone here have a Sport model that would share info about it? Likes, dislikes, issues, options that are must haves or not worth it? She has a Fusion now and this would be her first SUV. I will have to teach her about 4 wheel drive in case she needs it, but it's not too likely that she will except for the rare snowstorm that drifts.

Not in a hurry to find something, just doing some research ahead of time.

Thanks!

The sport version is a car with a big boxy body.
It is not a 4-wheel drive, it is an all-wheel drive there is a BIG difference.
I think it is the same as the Ford Escape with a different body. If you're thinking a small Ford Bronko you will be very disappointed.
I do not own but have looked at them and test-drove one.
It's NOT a Bronco.

The sport version is a car with a big boxy body.
It is not a 4-wheel drive, it is an all-wheel drive there is a BIG difference.
I think it is the same as the Ford Escape with a different body. If you're thinking a small Ford Bronko you will be very disappointed.
I do not own but have looked at them and test-drove one.
It's NOT a Bronco.
I am not the one buying it. She came up with the idea. Hasn't driven one yet. Could always change her mind. I'm just asking for feedback from anyone who actually owns one.

Looks like some attractive incentives on the 2023 Dave. Google Bronco Sport Reviews & offers. I think they’re cool looking, good luck to your daughter.

My wife thinks she wants one, on the used lot with 135 miles. I told her used with 135 is a definite problem.
You may be correct. We purchased a new Honda Pilot with similar low mileage. It began several years of a vehicular nightmare. Likely a problem encountered by the first owner of the magnitude to result in trading in a brand new vehicle.

You may be correct. We purchased a new Honda Pilot with similar low mileage. It began several years of a vehicular nightmare. Likely a problem encountered by the first owner of the magnitude to result in trading in a brand new vehicle.
I've seen some in various models. Makes you wonder.

A lot of dealers titled them and kept it for 6 months to be able to resell it. That way they are not bound by Fords pricing rules. They can mark them up as much as they want in used vehicles. The bronco’s demanded a premium at first and this was the way around it. Now they don’t demand such a premium and they are just trying to move what they got stuck with. 135 miles would not scare me as long as there is remaining factory warranty.

A lot of dealers titled them and kept it for 6 months to be able to resell it. That way they are not bound by Fords pricing rules. They can mark them up as much as they want in used vehicles. The bronco’s demanded a premium at first and this was the way around it. Now they don’t demand such a premium and they are just trying to move what they got stuck with. 135 miles would not scare me as long as there is remaining factory warranty.
That may be the case for many of low mileage "new" vehicles, but our experience was different. The first owner must have suspected the first of many problems, since at a mere few thouand miles we experienced serious transmission issues. After much unpleasant wrangling with the dealer, they finally acknowledged the problem and replaced the transmission at no cost to us ... other than the stress, time, and hassles in getting the problem resolved. There were ensuing problems as well, to finally culminate in a throttle malfunction which crashed the vehicle into the porch and burned my wife's forearm when the airbag deployed. It totalled the vehicle and left my wife with scars to her arm, as well as to her memory!
To say the vehicle was a low-mileage "lemon" is an understatement.

I have one, love it. Gets me around smooth and better than a subaru outback or chevy colorado did. Have the sport badlands 2023. Fit the 6x6 in profile pic into to, barely. And it got me back there. Great ground clearance, headroom inside like a pickup.
6.5k miles so far since September purchase. So still pretty new, but I also abuse cars pretty hard.

I have one, love it. Gets me around smooth and better than a subaru outback or chevy colorado did. Have the sport badlands 2023. Fit the 6x6 in profile pic into to, barely. And it got me back there. Great ground clearance, headroom inside like a pickup.
6.5k miles so far since September purchase. So still pretty new, but I also abuse cars pretty hard.
Thanks! Does it seem stable driving or is there any squirrelly action in crosswinds or corners? Anything you DON'T like about it?

It does great, I even tow a Hiker Trailer with it, seems great in wind, very responsive awd system sends power to the right wheel in ice. It's a little small, I can't get a bigger bull than that, and about around 74mph the mpg drops. But I average 24, 19 high speeds and lowest ever was 16 on western slope of colorado with the camper. I did it because living in Denver with a small garage limits my vehicle choices when I still need to hunt around 60 days a year
Windshield is a bit odd but I'm 6'5" the sun visor is absolutely useless and blocks my entire view

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back