Antelope hunting every year?

Hi 1_pointer, I didn't know ID is OTC for NR archery pronghorn, and I cant seem to find anything on the ID Fish and Game web site. Any chance you could provide a link to more info on these tags e.g. units, dates etc Thanks.

The area I hunt has that "Very little public land" disclaimer which is hilarious as there are 66,230 acres of BLM and 19,102 acres of state lands that are accessible by the public, that is not locked out by private land. Yeah a lot of that only has a couple of access points and you have to walk in. But I think the disclaimer should read "this unit is difficult for lazy or mobility impaired hunters, road hunting limited."

(I don't want to knock someone who just physically can't do walk in hunting.)

You are right in most circumstances. I've hunted a ton in limited access units with a bow and gun and we've always figured it out. All the driving from little piece to little piece can be annoying, but it's doable. BUT, there are a few units that are pretty much worthless for the public land hunter. I grabbed a unit 24 doe tag just as a little "bonus" tag for our last trip. That was a complete waste of money. Extremely little accessible land and a 2 trucks on the little there was. And that was 10 days into the season!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back