Antelope Hunting Boots

BigRack

Banned
I'm looking into getting a new pair of boots for early season hunts and not very steep terrain.

I'm looking at the Cabelas Full Draw and Salomon Quest 4D GTX.

Any thoughts from people who have owned these?

I have had really good luck with my Salomon 4d Quests. I have worn them in 90 degrees during archery season and paired with some Kenetrek gaitors during rifle season and spring bear. I am a big fan.

I bought a new pair of the UnderArmour Valsetz boots to hunt antelope and early season whitetails in and have been super happy with them. They are very lightweight, like wearing tennis shoes while walking for miles. It all depends on the what suits your style I guess, they are not leather, or rubber, so. . .water crossings are an issue. . .but they let your feet breathe well. . .good luck.

Big Rack. I have bought two pair of Wolverine - Antelope Hunting Boots from Cabela's (click on link). These boots are very light and you don't have to worry about cactus. They're good boots. I where them elk hunting and backpacking.
Are they flexible like the Full Draw boots?

I have a set of Kenetrek Bridger hikers. They are nice and light and cool in 90+ degree heat while I'm antelope hunting. I plan to use them on my upcoming elk hunt too.

BigRack.

IMO, yes they are flexible. They are as light a a tennis shoe, waterproof, and keep out cactus.

I'm personally a fan of Croc's with socks. Thick wool if you don't like stickers in there :)

My only recommendation is that it is full leather to turn cactus spines. IME, pronghorn hunting doesn't require much from boots.

They were selling off the Solomans a month ago for 1/2 price. I'm guessing they're being discontinued or something. Kenetrek has new low profile hikers you might take a look at.

I was at Scheels yesterday and I ended up buying the Irish Setter Vaprtrek's for $112. We will see how they do.

I wear trail runners to work in the sagebrush step every day, prickly pear and all. I'd go leather runners at most, but anything will work.

Take a look at Lowa Renegade reviews. You won't be disappointed!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back