Boot Issues…

+1 for swinging by a Scheels. Stopped in to size some Kenetreks, guy was super helpful. Lots of options of different brands. He explained they have a very lenient return policy on boots. Honestly had it not been for the 50% off gift card sale at Kenetrek, I’d have bought a full price pair right then and there.

As a big boy with big feet and bad knees I literally feel your pain.

I had similar issues with my Lowas and had to give up on them. I could never get my foot to lock in so I either had a heel that slipped, toes that jammed the front, or tied so tight I lost feeling in my feet.

That all being said, I think your boots are wore out. I’ve never had boots make it hundreds of miles.

Sounds like my boot doppelgänger!

+1 for swinging by a Scheels. Stopped in to size some Kenetreks, guy was super helpful. Lots of options of different brands. He explained they have a very lenient return policy on boots. Honestly had it not been for the 50% off gift card sale at Kenetrek, I’d have bought a full price pair right then and there.

I may need to head to Missoula.

I don’t have a specific recommendation for the boots, but I wouldn’t expect them to be worn out after just a few hundred miles. Maybe they got wet and dried up weird. It's also possible that something shifted after knee surgery, causing discomfort and irritation. One other thing I might add that's overlooked, keeping the toenails trimmed. It sounds stupid, but it does help when your feet move around in the boots. Especially downhill.

I don’t have a specific recommendation for the boots, but I wouldn’t expect them to be worn out after just a few hundred miles. Maybe they got wet and dried up weird. It's also possible that something shifted after knee surgery, causing discomfort and irritation. One other thing I might add that's overlooked, keeping the toenails trimmed. It sounds stupid, but it does help when your feet move around in the boots. Especially downhill.

Keep those 🦞 claws trimmed!

Here’s the deal. I’ve owned a pair of Lowa Renegades for two years. I’m a relatively large guy that is 6’5” and about 250.

Recently I did about 7 miles with about a 25 pound pack. The elevation gain was moderate and mostly shorts stints up and down about 100 feet. It is rocky cliffs terrain.

I’ve never had toe problems. My feet were killing me by the end, specifically in my big toes at the largest knuckle. My toes were numb the next day.

I went out yesterday and did about 6. It wasn’t as bad, but not good. I need to get set for spring bear.

Are my boots broke down? Probably… is it that they are too flexible? I did text and I can really bend them.

Seems like I need new boots. What should I get? Ask me questions to help.
I own two pairs of Zamberlan and they are an outstanding boot in my opinion. I've owned both Kennetrek and Lowa's and Zamberlan is far superior IMO. I work in them daily and hunt in them every season. I got 7 years out of my first pair.

Tried on countless pairs of boots yesterday at multiple shops. I ended up at Black Sheep in CDA. I found the winner for my feet. I even wore them out to a 40th birthday party for my wife’s friend. I love that they’re local, but I tried to keep anything other than fit and feel out of the equation. Yes, I think they’re a great looking boot, but that’s just an “and 1.” The quality appears flawless at this point. I love the black leather and how plush it is. I’ll update as I break them in and put the miles on. Thanks for all the input.EF86F181-9686-4B39-92B3-6184B90AE297.jpeg39BEAF65-BA38-4CC0-A717-1D29B2D84594.jpeg

Tried on countless pairs of boots yesterday at multiple shops. I ended up at Black Sheep in CDA. I found the winner for my feet. I even wore them out to a 40th birthday party for my wife’s friend. I love that they’re local, but I tried to keep anything other than fit and feel out of the equation. Yes, I think they’re a great looking boot, but that’s just an “and 1.” The quality appears flawless at this point. I love the black leather and how plush it is. I’ll update as I break them in and put the miles on. Thanks for all the input.View attachment 317768View attachment 317769
I like them a lot. Hope they work for you. They do look awesome.

I’m a sucker for a Vibram sole. Keep us updated.

I’ll get them broken in over the next two weeks wearing them to work, dog park, and short hikes around here. Then get out for a couple short ~3 milers to chase yotes.

I have to break them in for Spring Bear in Oregon and Montana!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back