PEAX Equipment

Antelope Hunt Check List

maxx

I am going to NW Nebraska in three weeks. This will be my first hunting trip solo. I have done a handful of trips out of state with other guys and or with some type of an outfitter. This will be the first camping and stuff. I wanted to get a list going so I figured I might as well keep it running on here so if I am missing anything big people can let me know.

Coolers Two
Tent
Sleeping bag, extra blanket, Pillows
Cot
Food
Bow
Target
Two (2) Releases
Arrows with heads
Back Pack
Range Finder
Camera Video and Still
Blind
Blind Chair
Tri Pod
Spotting Scope
Bino's
Cloths
Knifes (multiple)
Pelvic Saw
Gut Hook
Game Bags
Decoy (Cow and be the decoy hat)
Camp Stove
Grill
Maps
Beer/Whiskey
Butt Wipe
Camp Pad
Sanitizer
Gold Bond (I have switched over to a compression short type underwear for use on a daily basis and I avoid chafing at all times. Done having kids so no worries there)
Wind Checker

I think that is a good start. I will refer to this through the next week or so and add stuff that I forgot.

Last edited:
Toilet paper
Gold Bond
Purell hand sanitizer

I like a camp pad on the cot, helps make the evening's rest that much more pleasurable.

I like a camp pad on the cot, helps make the evening's rest that much more pleasurable.

Don't have one of these. Any recommendations? I would think I would want one that is comfy yet somewhat light if I do a backpack hunt and want that for sleeping on the ground.

Probably another given but a GPS with land ownership...if you are hunting public anyway.

License/tags (had a friend forget these once)
Wind powder

Yes on the wind powder always have that in my pack.
Tag's are over the counter so I will pick that up once I am there.

I don't own a GPS but the area I am hunting seems to be all public and I have a specific map on it.

Knee pads and leather gloves. Those little cactus needles suck

I bought some Kuiu pants with knee pads built in. They arrived today I will check them out when I get home tonight. Will report back when I run them through the paces if they are worth it or not.

Glasses (Sun, regular and readers)

Emergency kit with medicines, bandaides, tweezers for splinters, thorns and ticks, and please don't forget the chapstick!

Water carriers, filters, and a few purifying tablets for emergency use even if you are planning on car camping.

I have added a small tarp to my pack after watching Rinella wait out a thunderstorm under his on mulitple episodes. Beats huddling up against a tree trunk in raingear, and can be used as dirt protection if processing a downed animal

knee pads,sunglasses, clear glasses for wind and sand, tweezers, sunblock, chap stick, rain poncho, some type of glass cleaner for the optics....always going to need something you won't have. lol

Spare gas can! Seems like I go thru lots of gas and usally ain't many stations around, also always have a shovel.

C

Don't have one of these. Any recommendations? I would think I would want one that is comfy yet somewhat light if I do a backpack hunt and want that for sleeping on the ground.

I've got an aged Therma-rest blow up pad. It's held up well over the seasons, but I'm not terribly familiar with brands post-2000. :)

OHHH... MY... GOD !! Thank you Doc! What the Hell is wrong with all you Numb Nuts ? NO Flip-Flops ? SERIOUSLY ?????? No One 'cept Cush caught that?

Maxx, with my deepest apologies, I'm embarrassed of our (ah, humm) senior membership of this grievous oversight. Yes, Flops are your jump into the Brotherhood.

I did my hunt last year. VaSpeedGoat clued me into one I hadn't thunked of, but I'm glad he did. Tweezers. There is tiny cacti everywhere that lives & breaths for the sole purpose of ruining your day. Tiny little buggers. They just get under the skin, then dig & dig & dig.

Back