Another Tendoy Sheep Hunt

406LIFE

This article just came out today, the FWP Commission voted on it yesterday. I am glad that they are limiting the licenses. I was there last year and had several hunts get busted by other hunters. I could rant for days about the the unethical and just plain rude hunters that were there. The closest I got to harvesting a ewe was 60 yards with my bow, with her bedded down and me about put my final stock on when more guys charged straight at her.

Still, glad they will allow hunters to take these animals and not just get hired guns to go and shoot them.

http://www.nbcmontana.com/news/mont...-hunt-for-chronically-diseased-sheep/65819407

There's gotta be a couple guys here who could get the last 12 sheep.

I was debating buying a tag, but that is rough country and has an awful lot of places to hide only 12 sheep...

I know the area well, if you get a tag let me know. The issue will be number of hunters, not the animals, IMO.

I picked up one of these tags, a bit reluctantly. Anyone else grab one?

Am I reading the article right that they are only issuing 6-8 tags to try to eliminate 12 sheep? Do they think some will die of natural causes before they could be hunted? Hopefully this round will get them all, so that they can go ahead and restock.

Keep us updated on your hunt. I would consider it if I was a resident.

You read the article right, but its incorrect. Anybody could buy a tag. I know someone that did.

So far no sheep reported.

So it's unlimited again? I would imagine it would be pretty hard to find one when there's only 12.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back