Another hunting personality charged.

Especially when you throw suppressors into the mix.

Example:

How easy would it be to lung a 350” bull in the rut while you were “Bear hunting” with your silenced 300 blackout in Colorado, then come back later with your bow and stick the hole with an arrow, butcher it, and pack the thing out?

Im pretty confident that this is happening.

People in general can’t be trusted. I mean look at the “celebrity” dirtbags that are getting busted.

That’s why I take just about every picture I see of a guy holding mega horns with a grain of salt….people will surprise you and nothing is what it seems 50% of the time.

It’s an honor system in hunting. You either have it, or you don’t.
I don't get is are these restitutions actually paid?

Or is it like a felon that steals a car and never actually pays a thing then after so long its just a wash?

I fully suspect there's some good truth behind your theory. Iv honestly always wondered the same. And absolutely it is a honor system i was out alot last season.. close to a month off with time saved for hunting.. and only seen one fwp officer. I tried alot of new to me areas around the state as well. I saw 1 officer all season. He got out waved, we waved back we were mayb 400 yards into our walk... and he got back in his truck and left. Didn't check us talk to us or anything.

Season before same 1 officer all season.

Probably underfunded not enough officers to really set a fear in getting caught for alot of people. They concentrate on areas they know are known for issues iv noticed.

They concentrate on areas they know are known for issues iv noticed.

You go fishing where the fish are if you want to catch fish.

They are spread thin because it’s a thankless and dangerous job.

We, as law abiding hunters, should be, their best asset. Their eyes and ears.

Sport-sportsmen policing our ranks together.
That acronym always resonates in my head and if I see shady shit going on, I’m calling the man and I don’t care who’s doing it.

We, as law abiding hunters, should be, their best asset. Their eyes and ears.

Sport-sportsmen policing our ranks together.
That acronym always resonates in my head and if I see shady shit going on, I’m calling the man and I don’t care who’s doing it.
I haven't heard that one. Thank you that's a good one.

That’s why I take just about every picture I see of a guy holding mega horns with a grain of salt….people will surprise you and nothing is what it seems 50% of the time.

Very much agree with this- once you’ve spent enough time out there yourself, you kind of recognize that “grinding” only accounts for so much.

Or is it like a felon that steals a car and never actually pays a thing then after so long its just a wash?

I fully suspect there's some good truth behind your theory. Iv honestly always wondered the same. And absolutely it is a honor system i was out alot last season.. close to a month off with time saved for hunting.. and only seen one fwp officer. I tried alot of new to me areas around the state as well. I saw 1 officer all season. He got out waved, we waved back we were mayb 400 yards into our walk... and he got back in his truck and left. Didn't check us talk to us or anything.

Season before same 1 officer all season.

Probably underfunded not enough officers to really set a fear in getting caught for alot of people. They concentrate on areas they know are known for issues iv noticed.
Game wardens are the patrol branch of private land owners.

All they do is chase landowner complaints all season, leaves no time for patrolling public, or very little.

*there are exceptions, the general area I elk hunt being one.

At least in MT, there is something called the "crime victim compensation fund" which is a state fund that pays restitution back to crime victims even before anyone gets convicted. The difference, here, of course is that the State is the victim, which means the state probably just eats the loss for a while. The defendant will probably enter into a time pay agreement with the state (however much they can afford per month), which they won't pay, and then it will go to collections.

Game wardens are the patrol branch of private land owners.

All they do is chase landowner complaints all season, leaves no time for patrolling public, or very little.

*there are exceptions, the general area I elk hunt being one.
Interesting.. I never really looked at it that way.. but I do know of a few places like that when you put it that way.

At least in MT, there is something called the "crime victim compensation fund" which is a state fund that pays restitution back to crime victims even before anyone gets convicted. The difference, here, of course is that the State is the victim, which means the state probably just eats the loss for a while. The defendant will probably enter into a time pay agreement with the state (however much they can afford per month), which they won't pay, and then it will go to collections.
To bad when these things happen that it’s not for x amount of year or fine is paid which ever takes longer. If your sitting on a fine from fwp you shouldn’t be allowed to hunt

Well that's the thing I would assume if no one's house or car is getting repossed, how are they really getting this restitution? 30k they don't have to pay back or pay back on a interest free loan at 15 20 bucks a check?

The fellas from Meateater's The Element just got some tickets from their Texas public land nilgai hunt for not wearing orange when moving and not getting public land film permits. They put a half assed apology on their last podcast and edited the youtube video.

The fellas from Meateater's The Element just got some tickets from their Texas public land nilgai hunt for not wearing orange when moving and not getting public land film permits. They put a half assed apology on their last podcast and edited the youtube video.
Those guys are straight up jackasses and I wish Steve would drop them.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back