Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ammo shortage?

COElkChaser

I was in Sportsman's the other day, and it reminded me of a grocery store at the start of Covid. I picked up the last 1lb jug of H4350 and 300 primers.

Anyone else having troubles getting what they need? The internet seems more reliable, I found enough TTSX and LRX to get through hunting season.

Yep...big run on ammo and hand loading supplies here. I went on a bender about 6 months ago and have enough materials to supply a small army for several months of sustained combat...not a hoarder, I just dont like having to search so hard all the time. 8lb powder jugs are the way to go and 5000 primer cases are handy as well. There was a time when I'd say to myself that there is no reason for someone like me to buy so many primers or so much powder at one time - now I realize that it's the right way to do it AND you create 5000 rounds from one lot of primers, thousands from one 8lbs jug of powder...you get consistency as a direct byproduct.

I never find what i'm looking for at those places, so i stopped going!

Got some bullets & brass from Blue Collar Reloading last month.

Loaded up 50 rounds of 223 Rem yesterday.

Went to a local sportsman's warehouse yesterday, they had a decent supply of rifle ammo but all the .223 was wiped out as well as 22lr. Surprisingly I found 20 gauge upland steel shot (lead free in CA) so I'm ready for dove season.

I was in Sportsman's the other day, and it reminded me of a grocery store at the start of Covid. I picked up the last 1lb jug of H4350 and 300 primers.

Anyone else having troubles getting what they need? The internet seems more reliable, I found enough TTSX and LRX to get through hunting season.

Same with the Sportsman's in Fairbanks....they limit customers to 1 lb can of powder (I got 1 of the last 2 cans of 4350)
They no longer have any good quality .270 brass, so I went with an order through MidwayUSA (free shipping to Alaska!)

Things in my area are pretty slim. Can't get much, if any pistol ammo. Best options are from the independent stores and not from Sportsman's and Cabela's. Luckily, they haven't started hiking or monopolizing with the price yet. I'll always support them over big chain and internet when I can. Got to support small business and keep the community alive...

I used to be able to swing by a local distributor (whole saler?) on my way to work.
But that was before Comrade Wolf shut our state down.
I'm NOT willing to pay an extra $28 hazmat shipping fee for something 20 miles away!

And it looks like after finally opening the state back up, we aare on our way to being shut down again.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back