Am I being ridiculous on pricing ammo for sale?

Jasher

I'm just wondering if I'm crazy with my prices or if the real truth is people expect you to be a warehouse for them. I priced this at $50.00 plus shipping. You can clearly see what I paid for it plus tax of 7%.

Attachments

• 20210128_113719.jpg
    20210128_113719.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 128
If your goal is to make a few extra bucks in an insane market, you're not being crazy. If your goal is to make friends or customers, you're being crazy.

I've paid more than I should for a few things lately and I don't care if I buy from those people ever again, and I've paid the sticker price to a few people on here I'll be happy to do a favor for some day...

If your goal is to make a few extra bucks in an insane market, you're not being crazy. If your goal is to make friends or customers, you're being crazy.

I've paid more than I should for a few things lately and I don't care if I buy from those people ever again, and I've paid the sticker price to a few people on here I'll be happy to do a favor for some day...
I guess I am crazy then. If my neighbor said hey they have a box here for 40.00 and I said yeah pick them up. I'd give him $50.00 just because he took the time to get them.

It’s your ammo, ask what you want for it. If people don’t want to pay forget them. Someone else will. The people complaining are the ones who can’t find ammo

I am getting to the point that I put for 1 hunt a year. Some ammo I will not use. When I am sure, I will give it away.

People complain ammo prices are high, or people look to make a profit on what they bought. What's the difference between that and selling a house for more than you bought it for? :unsure:

Anyone can try and sell anything for whatever they want. Buyers can take it or leave it. No your prices are fine. You have what others want, or they won’t buy it. It’s not milk or bread or necessities. It’s a recreational product.
Heck your markup is nothing compared to what’s going to happen to gas or what’s happening to housing markets.

Seems very reasonable to me. Add in the hustle of getting it shipped and costs associated with going to get it and get it shipped (not the shipping costs themselves) and you’re not doing any more than breaking even...if even that

Jasher - I just bought some rifle ammo for my wife and I with about the same mark-up as you propose. I made the choice. Later this summer there may be ammo available at the normal price. I chose not to wait. We now have plenty of ammo to get through the next four years...

That’s not an absurd mark up at all, I’d pay it for 25-06 right now with no hard feelings toward anybody. People buying right now have to pay market price or go without 🤷🏻‍♂️

Its your to sell for whatever you can get out of it I guess.

I dont like that fact that people are taking advantage of the current crappy situation but I cant change it either.

Ok, I'll be the one to question. We all like to make a little profit and generally, I don't have a problem with that. However, I do think it's at least worth a moment's thought about the current situation we're in with regard to ammo. I don't think it's realistic to think that increased production is going to solve the ammo crisis. Like the ones before it, it ends when people calm down and stop buying up everything they can find for higher-than-normal prices. One could make an argument that every time a box of ammo sells for 125% of market value, we extend this period of ammo/component shortages. Just food for thought. I've never been a good capitalist at heart.

If you bought it just to resell for the profit. You could be called an entrepreneur or a dirtbag. Or both. YMMV

It's all about perspective..

I like to think the entrepreneur would start a competing ammo company to fill the void. The dirtbag would buy everything they can get their hands on to gouge others on the resale, like some of the knuckleheads who were buying truckloads of TP and hand sanitizer last spring and reposting it on eBay.

I like to think the entrepreneur would start a competing ammo company to fill the void. The dirtbag would buy everything they can get their hands on to gouge others on the resale, like some of the knuckleheads who were buying truckloads of TP and hand sanitizer last spring and reposting it on eBay.

I understand where you are coming from, I just wanted to say I wasn't judging the OP.

Just stating that to some, depending upon their own personal beliefs, a person in this situation may be called a sinner or a saint dependent upon the person making the calls individual perspective.

I won't judge as that isn't my job to do so here..

Last edited:
There's capitalism and there's greed. When is enough, enough? Something about empty ammo shelves doesn't sit too well. Is this how we want to live? Can't even go to your local store and buy a box of shells anymore? To whoever is doing the buying to resell and make a buck, stop it! Go find something else to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back